Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Well not for the tests, he had a good year last year but would either need to make a really big impact in the ODI's or have another great year to get in the test side.

They can pick me old muckers Samit, Ravi or Shah for the tests. With Kev the only real fixture although tbf can't drop Colly after a hundred 2 games ago. Demoralises the players.

then the bowlers need a big shake up. Broad really needed another year in county cricket, Harmison has been poo and always will be. Sidebums alright, Andersons alright although still has a lot to prove, one good series at home to NZ doesn't make him a definite either. Hoggard is better than any of the bowlers in the side.

One poorish peformance doesn't mean anything I fully back England to bounce back for the tests and tbf this isn't England's strongest attack we've got Monty, Broad and Flintoff to come back into the team. Harmison has been in dreadful form since the last test in South Africa and I feel he's lucky to even be there.

It's clearly a flat pitch though. Simmons has a FC average of 30, he's not good enough to score 249* against a decent attack on a pitch with anything in it. It's just if England get skittled out for 200 that I'll look a prat :p

Harmy putting in a last ditch effort to save his place in the side, he's now got the wickets of Johnson and Sammy, one caught by Prior and the other an LBW. Simmons still going strong though on 267*

Last edited:
GP Swann 38 2 152 0 4.00

That sort of peformance even on a flat pitch means Monty has the chance to resurect his career.

Barath looks a good player for WIndies future decent FC career so far, if he's as good as ICC 08 makes him he's set for a great career :p.

There is something wrong with the cricinfo scorecard: Cricinfo - Tour Match: West Indies A v England XI at Basseterre, Jan 29-31, 2009 It reads currently like this:

West Indies A 469/3 (70.0 ov)
West Indies A RR 6.70

And only three bowlers are supposed to have bowled: Anderson (27 overs), Harmison (24 overs) and Sidebottom (19 overs).

Simmons is about to reach his triple century though. He is currently on 273 runs of 381 balls with 25 fours and 8 sixes.

Nope, Simmons gone for 282, done by Sidebottom LBW. West Indies A are now 561/6, if England don't make at least 500 I'll be incredibly disappointed, unless they declare just to give the bowlers another run out. That's if England even get a chance to bat :p.

Good to see the WI A wicketkeeper (Thomas) getting some runs, somebody needs to get Ramdin out of the team.

Cook gone first ball. Bell going along very nicely, will get out once Juggernauth comes into the attack though =(. I really want Bell to score big here and get himself in the team, I love watching him bat and would like to see him in the Ashes team.

King Pietersen added 38 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Bell's still going along nicely. 49*. Come on Belly, make a big score, don't cop out now. Make a big double please :D Strauss going along very nicely as well!

Atleast it wasn't just Englands poor bowling by the looks of it bar Cook going first up.
Bell looks like he's going well atm but he's going to be out soon nearly in the 50's. :p
If Bell does go on to get a century Collingwood possibly to be dropped from the team? I can't see them not playing Shah after his performance earlier this week.
I hope that Harmison isn't picked for the first test as he was whacked around a bit and only picked up a few tailenders.

Bell is the most irritating batsmen ever. Looks good and set then gets out, same with Cook though but..., Don't think he should be picked as he hasn't done anything substantial this tour and hasn't done alot since his 199. Shah and Colly me thinks.

Yeh, annoyingly it's going to have to be Shah and Collingwood, unless Collingwood majorly fails in this game. Annoyed for Bell, really want him in that Ashes XI.

I was just coming to say I would love to see what wallace can do, he took 8 wickets for 20 runs for Jamaica a few days ago. Happy to see him bowling Bell within his first 4 overs.

Last edited:
Good to see Bell is able to bottle it in the meaningless games as well as the important ones.

Users who are viewing this thread