Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Colly's record in the past 12 months has been shite in ODi's. Don't care how good his fielding is, if he's not making runs, which he's not, he shouldn't be in the team. As for Foster, if we're picking a Keeper to bat down the order, it has to be Foster. Prior's an opener, as is Davies, so playing them out of position makes no sense. Foster's also the best keeper of the lot, which is the most important thing if he's batting down the order.

As for the fringe player as captain, he shouldn't be a fringe player. He's one of our few good OD players, and should be one of the first names on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned. He's captained before, and done a decent job, might as well give him the job, only option really.

Is that a nudge to get back on topic? Cos to be fair it is actually on topic, considering this is 'England in West Indies' not "England in West Indies (ODI)"

Yeh, and you bowled poorly, failing to bowl us out once after Jamaica. The performance in the final Test was shocking from West Indies, and if it wasn't for yet another flat deck you'd have been mauled. Crap bowling, awful fielding, negative field placings, negative batting, playing for a draw from the off. We also played better at the ARG, hence why you needed your tail-enders to save you again. After Jamaica we outplayed your whole side bar Sarwan and Edwards, and we should have won the series. It's nothing to do with 'poor old crap WI beating us', it's stating the facts. We should have won the series, and would have if Strauss wasn't such a conservative captain.

Right so Gayles centuries, Nashs 50s and century, Ramdins century, Chanderpaul being same old Chanders.

If not for another flat deck I would say that England would have been mauled. As far as I can remember on the only pitch that wasn't really a true flat deck England got mauled not the West Indies.

You saying WI bowled poorly and were being negative. I'm sorry how many times did you bowl us out in the entire test series.

Can Sky please stop the constant plugging of the matches on the other channels and upcoming cricket! Its bloudy annoying!

If you think the amount of adverts on here is annoying you should watch some Australia games. Constant plugging of signed bats and hats the last time I watched a match.

We bowled you out 3 times in the series, got you 9 down once and 8 down once as well. You bowled us out twice, both at Jamaica and had us 9 down once, but that was first innings. West Indies weren't in a winning position once in the last 3 (proper) Tests, England had chances to win 2 of the last 3. Lets check out the stats for the batters as well shall we.

Leading run scorers:

Code:
Player  	Mat  	Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	0  	4s  	6s
RR Sarwan (WI) 	5 	6 	0 	626 	291 	104.33 	1134 	55.20 	3 	1 	0 	70 	3
AJ Strauss (Eng) 	5 	9 	1 	541 	169 	67.62 	943 	57.37 	3 	0 	0 	63 	2
PD Collingwood (Eng) 	5 	7 	0 	430 	161 	61.42 	780 	55.12 	2 	1 	0 	42 	1
KP Pietersen (Eng) 	5 	8 	1 	406 	102 	58.00 	664 	61.14 	1 	3 	0 	40 	3
AN Cook (Eng) 	5 	9 	2 	384 	139* 	54.85 	770 	49.87 	1 	3 	1 	38 	1
MJ Prior (Eng) 	4 	6 	2 	310 	131* 	77.50 	436 	71.10 	1 	2 	1 	34 	1
S Chanderpaul (WI) 	5 	6 	1 	299 	147* 	59.80 	805 	37.14 	1 	2 	0 	31 	1

So after Sarwan, there are 5 of the England top 6. England's batsmen had a better series clearly.

Now leading wicket takers:

Code:
Player  	Mat  	Overs  	Mdns  	Runs  	Wkts  	BBI  	BBM  	Ave  	Econ  	SR  	5  	10
GP Swann (Eng) 	3 	180.2 	52 	457 	19 	5/57 	8/149 	24.05 	2.53 	56.9 	2 	0
SCJ Broad (Eng) 	5 	131.0 	32 	367 	12 	5/85 	5/85 	30.58 	2.80 	65.5 	1 	0
SJ Benn (WI) 	4 	162.4 	29 	479 	12 	4/31 	8/108 	39.91 	2.94 	81.3 	0 	0
JE Taylor (WI) 	4 	100.2 	24 	319 	11 	5/11 	8/85 	29.00 	3.17 	54.7 	1 	0
JM Anderson (Eng) 	4 	129.0 	30 	342 	9 	3/24 	4/94 	38.00 	2.65 	86.0 	0 	0

3 of the top 5 are English, with Jimmy Anderson not playing the first Test but still getting more wickets than Edwards, Hinds and Powell. Taylor had 1 good match, as did Benn, in the others Taylor looked off his game, and then got injured, and Benn got dominated. England should have won 2 games, and our players performed better. Therefore, England should have won the series. Flat pitches ruin Test cricket.

Dan I don't know what you're trying to prove with your posts because the West Indies beat us and that's what counts.

And they're beating us in this match too. Very comfortably too. I'll always love the England cricket team but at the moment this lot are a complete joke.

And Taylor didn't play the last test which probably saved Englands ass from another Jamaica. Nothing in those stats shows to me that England deserved to win the test series. Where England got runs so did the WI, where England got wickets so did the WI. Sure the fielding was bad, everyone could see that but in the end the team that deserved to win got the win. As it turns out WI were the only ones that managed to get 20 wickets in a match and that's all that counts. If the English were that much better then they should have walked over us the way people were saying before the series.

117/ 9 atm get at them.

all out, great performance by the team. Lets go Chris, need some runs.

And Taylor didn't play the last test which probably saved Englands ass from another Jamaica. Nothing in those stats shows to me that England deserved to win the test series. Where England got runs so did the WI, where England got wickets so did the WI. Sure the fielding was bad, everyone could see that but in the end the team that deserved to win got the win. As it turns out WI were the only ones that managed to get 20 wickets in a match and that's all that counts. If the English were that much better then they should have walked over us the way people were saying before the series.

This quote sums up the series perfectly in my opinion. It was pretty much dead even apart from one single innings when we were skittled out. As a result that won the series for the West Indies and to say they didn't deserve to win it is incredibly naive.

Is that a nudge to get back on topic? Cos to be fair it is actually on topic, considering this is 'England in West Indies' not "England in West Indies (ODI)"

Stop being pedantic, flow of discussion in tour threads should be relevant to what ever is being played. It's kind of taking it off-topic for the moment, once the ODI's have finished, go gung ho for all the analysis you want.

:)

Trott.

I'd bring in Cook and bring back Graham Thorpe.

I'm off out soon. When I return I expect to see a convincing England victory with 5fer from Paul Collingwood.

Users who are viewing this thread