Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
The roller for the garden is bigger than that roller.

More work for England, not taken so much time out that it is impossible to win, but it's harder. Broad and Swann would open for me.

Willis talking nonsense again about the bowling attacks. Said that the attack in 1994 was much stronger than 2004. Lewis, Hick and Tufnell or Harmison at his best, Jones, Flintoff and Hoggard in pre-Ashes form.

Yeh, didn't really get that. There's no way an attack of Fraser, Lewis, Caddick, Tuffnell and Hick is stronger than Harmison, Hoggard, Flintoff, Jones and Batty. Willis is a legend though so I'll let him off :D

Really well bowled today by England especially Harmison and Anderson shame that we didn't take a wicket as we deserved one there.

I don't think it is hindsight to say that we shouldn't have sent Anderson in and should have declared earlier if we don't win this one. We were saying it at the time and it just smacked of defensiveness, hesitancy and fear.
Just because India chased down a massive 4th innings total in Chennai it doesn't mean you need 500 to defend everytime you bowl. Obviously Windies are a better team than they've been given credit for but this is just ridiculous.

Colin, Jack, Dan fellars relax, this thing is long from over, you know that still plenty of time to win, England has been the better side this time around, barring rain, they can still win, so lets all sip a cold one (age limit required) and just wait. I must also admit while England have been the better side, we did well in the first session today so far, as a West Indian I hope the continue, hats off to both sides.

If we don't win I want it to be a convinging draw, the last thing I want to see is Ian Botham being all smarmy and annoying when he's proven right about the whole declaration thing. So i'm hoping for either an exciting England win or a draw but a comfortable draw with one of these 2 currently batting plus Nash/Ramdin.

England are mucking this up.

We have done this countless times recently. Where is our killer instinct. So many times we've got in good positions and failed.

This is also evidence of why we have to play an allrounder at 6 in the next game.

I agree about Anderson, but the declaration was fair enough. It's all well and good sitting at home saying that, but the 4th innings India chase will still be in Strauss's mind and he wouldn't have wanted that to happen again, so getting a lead of 500 was fair enough. There are still 54 overs left as well, you're talking like it's already over!

Last edited:
New ball taken; crucial phase of play.
If we don't win this then I guess you're right. It's more about the pitch and the incredible batting of Chanderpaul and Sarwan than about our bowling or tactics.

barmyarmy added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

There are still 54 overs left as well, you're talking like it's already over!

I'm not overly-optimistic! Hmm, if the Windies score at 5 an over...

Users who are viewing this thread