England men v women?

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I must say that just watching the Womens T20, England have been very impressive. Especially against Australia, I thought the batting was superb to get the win. In T20 I certainly think that the men and women are far closer than one would expect, but I think if a match was actually played between the two then the men would have the advantage for a couple of reasons:

Have the Women faced the quick bowling? I understand that the quicks aren't the most effective in T20 and that England don't have really express bowlers, but it is still faster than the women will be used to.

Boundary hitting ability. It has been clear that there are fewer 6s, plus the women do have shorter boundaries. I am not sure the batsmen (batswomen?) could get to the ropes enough.

They could sure give the men a run for their money though, that is certain.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Love this quote on the BBC live text:

BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew on TMS: "Dropping Claire Taylor on nought is like dropping Sachin Tendulkar on nought - you've got to take those"

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Could you post the link?

Sure.

CricSim - View Single Post - T20s

Jakester1288 added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

On the actual topic of the thread. The men would win, because the women would probably fail to face the pace successfully and make runs. The mens batsmen probably would have too much trouble hitting the women to and over the boundary, whilst the women would.

Sureshot

Executive member
Biggest breasts too.

I can imagine women cricketers have faced men quicks in the nets.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
If this ever happen both the team captains will fight around to have S Broad in their team, !

King Cricket

International Coach
Not sure about England, but it will be interesting to see what our boys do if they someday face Jhulan Goswami. :p She's some bowler.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I watch every women's game I can, which probably means I've seen more than most.

If a men's team was to take on a women's side, the men's side would destroy the women. Physically, men are just superior. They can hit the ball harder and bowl it faster than any woman.

I find it insulting to the game though for people like Manee to claim it is no better than club cricket - a quite ridiculous statement. In the England game today, Katharine Brunt bowls very fast for a woman player and Claire Taylor is simply a terrific batsman, who could do a job in a county side I reckon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Can people who watch a lot of women's cricket tell me how much of a gulf, if any, there is between the two.
From what I've seen of the T20 women's WC the bowlers aren't as fast, which doesn't make a huge difference in T20, and there's less 6 hitting.
What the women's team seemed to have done very well is found the gaps, taken the catches, bowled with accuracy and played with control and aggression.
Therefore I'm thinking in a format like T20 England's women might well be able to take England's men.

There was a chick that went to my School a few years before me Louise Millikan. Anyway she had a real bad knee injury and because she couldn't get any cricket with mens club teams she played for us. She was probaly the 4-5th quickest bowler in our team and her batting was pretty poor. There was a couple of us that bowled around the 125 mark and that was far too quick for her. And she had been playing for NZ for a couple of years. So I would say the Womens team would get pummled by the Mens team, the bowlers would pretty much kill them. Plus the men would smack the bowling all round the park, the spinners bowl at around 60-70Kmph which is just far too slow.

King Cricket

International Coach
I watch every women's game I can, which probably means I've seen more than most.

If a men's team was to take on a women's side, the men's side would destroy the women. Physically, men are just superior. They can hit the ball harder and bowl it faster than any woman.

I find it insulting to the game though for people like Manee to claim it is no better than club cricket - a quite ridiculous statement. In the England game today, Katharine Brunt bowls very fast for a woman player and Claire Taylor is simply a terrific batsman, who could do a job in a county side I reckon.

I guess you are right, madam. ;) And yeah, natural you're feeling insulted. :p

Jokes aside. Yeah, you're right. There are some terrific women cricketers out there. Isha Guha, Jhulan Goswami, Claire Taylor, Mithali Raj, Katharine Brunt, Suzie Bates- there are many of them. Just that as a whole unit, all the women sides are inferior to the men sides. Some of their cricketers are brilliant, but many them really lack the hitting power, etc etc. They will not get "destroyed" if they play against the men team. But, yeah, will face defeat.

King Cricket added 8 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

So I would say the Womens team would get pummled by the Mens team, the bowlers would pretty much kill them. Plus the men would smack the bowling all round the park, the spinners bowl at around 60-70Kmph which is just far too slow.

Emm..that's under-estimating the women's team. They will give a fight, but yeah, will ultimately lose. But surely, they will not get "destroyed" or "pummled". Almost all these women sides have some terrific cricketers- and these ladies can challenge any male cricketer anyday. But as a team, they will fail- as they just don't have 11 quality cricketers. Some of them are class and can take the fight to the opposition, but many aren't. Still, these "class" ladies can hit any bowler out of the park any day. That's the point, they will lose, but they will fight.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I guess you are right, madam. ;) And yeah, natural you're feeling insulted. :p

Jokes aside. Yeah, you're right. There are some terrific women cricketers out there. Isha Guha, Jhulan Goswami, Claire Taylor, Mithali Raj, Katharine Brunt, Suzie Bates- there are many of them. Just that as a whole unit, all the women sides are inferior to the men sides. Some of their cricketers are brilliant, but many them really lack the hitting power, etc etc. They will not get "destroyed" if they play against the men team. But, yeah, will face defeat.

King Cricket added 8 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Emm..that's under-estimating the women's team. They will give a fight, but yeah, will ultimately lose. But surely, they will not get "destroyed" or "pummled". Almost all these women sides have some terrific cricketers- and these ladies can challenge any male cricketer anyday. But as a team, they will fail- as they just don't have 11 quality cricketers. Some of them are class and can take the fight to the opposition, but many aren't. What I'm saying is that, they will lose, but they will fight.

Men bat first:

230/2

Women:

50/60 all out.

The women would get smashed, the bowling would be far to quick for most women.

King Cricket

International Coach
The women would get smashed, the bowling would be far to quick for most women.

Still, not 50/60. They will score at least 130/140. Some of their players are really talented. And the others will chip in singles and twos and keep the scoreboard ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread