England Team Discussion

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
No one deserves than Root or Butler but Butler has limitation for test matches but only danger of England is if Root failed as batsman responsibility (SRT had same issue) besides captaincy, than England needs to find someone else.
I think ECB take wise decisions on vice captaincy job for test to ben stokes and captain (test) for Root,congratulation but Sorry for S.Broad.i will provides resources if moderator insist, I am new here.

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
Okay, here's the side I'd pick for the first Test of the summer.

:eng: :bat: Alastair Cook
:eng: :bat: Keaton Jennings :c:
:eng: :bat: Haseeb Hameed
:eng: :bat: Joe Root
:eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow
:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
:eng: :ar: Moeen Ali
:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
:eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad
:eng: :bwl: James Anderson
:eng: :bwl: Jack Leach

My friend your post is for February 7th,'17 but I am afraid Hameed is not same after he is injure, he will going for yet another surgery for sinus issue, probably he figures out, its right time for him to take time out, he so far scored under 25 in 4 innings in srilanka for England Lion, he lost his confidence,

Sunderpune

School Cricketer
I wish good luck to Tom Curran in WI,who makes it,in place of Ball (injured) I am impress with Westerly
And Livingstone wish them good luck for county teams if they picks up in April.

D

Deleted member 46200

Are we sure the Ashes isn't going to be about two mediocre teams scrapping it out... ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So what is our ideal team heading Down Under?

Cook
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

That's it, only need 8 players. Oh if you are after 11, pick 3 randomly from the Home Counties (that's what will happen anyway) !

D

Dutch

Cook
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

That's it, only need 8 players. Oh if you are after 11, pick 3 randomly from the Home Counties (that's what will happen anyway) !
Ha hA! Quite like the look of Stoneman to be fair other than that agree with you there....would go Westley at three...leave Jennings at home...way out of his depth.....

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Bit of a upper/middle order crisis still going on. This is what I'd go for:

Alistair Cook
Nick Browne
Joe Root
Joe Clarke/Dan Lawrence
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow
Moeen Ali
Chris Woakes
Stuart Broad
James Anderson
Jake Ball

Nick Browne is currently the best opener in county cricket and Cooks' Essex teammate so I can't believe he hasn't been given a go yet.
I think Joe Root should take charge and move himself back up to 3, as captain he should be leading from the front and Tom Westley hasn't exactly done much to try and fill his boots in that position. Also I'm not a fan of England going back and calling up guys who have already been tried and failed.

Apparently TRJ is out of The Ashes due to a back injury, I'm not too sure who I'd bring in to replace him, I've gone for Jake Ball as Mark Wood is also a doubt however it's going heap more pressure onto Broad and Anderson to deliver, especially since Woakes is still yet to find his best form. Jamie Porter has been in scintillating form recently so I'd take him over in the squad along with Steve Finn possibly.
I'm up for either Clarke or Lawrence at number 4, if not then I'd also bring Alex Hales in the squad whose England Test career I think should lie in the middle order.

D

Deleted member 46200

Cook
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Tommy Tantrum coming out to play...?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Tommy Tantrum coming out to play...?

0de7cc2c098b18715ecbc450b9148dcb3b75a29bee9d08bdf7c15ad181a2d325.jpg

D

Dutch

Bit of a upper/middle order crisis still going on. This is what I'd go for:

Alistair Cook
Nick Browne
Joe Root
Joe Clarke/Dan Lawrence
Ben Stokes
Jonny Bairstow
Moeen Ali
Chris Woakes
Stuart Broad
James Anderson
Jake Ball

Nick Browne is currently the best opener in county cricket and Cooks' Essex teammate so I can't believe he hasn't been given a go yet.
I think Joe Root should take charge and move himself back up to 3, as captain he should be leading from the front and Tom Westley hasn't exactly done much to try and fill his boots in that position. Also I'm not a fan of England going back and calling up guys who have already been tried and failed.

Apparently TRJ is out of The Ashes due to a back injury, I'm not too sure who I'd bring in to replace him, I've gone for Jake Ball as Mark Wood is also a doubt however it's going heap more pressure onto Broad and Anderson to deliver, especially since Woakes is still yet to find his best form. Jamie Porter has been in scintillating form recently so I'd take him over in the squad along with Steve Finn possibly.
I'm up for either Clarke or Lawrence at number 4, if not then I'd also bring Alex Hales in the squad whose England Test career I think should lie in the middle order.
I like the boldness but they wont go with anyone who hasnt been tried and tested and failed the last year or so......we will be stuck with those players we have seen i guess....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I like the boldness but they wont go with anyone who hasnt been tried and tested and failed the last year or so......we will be stuck with those players we have seen i guess....

Agreed I think they have already said only those who have played last 18 months will be considered?

D

Dutch

Agreed I think they have already said only those who have played last 18 months will be considered?
yeah that's what they have been saying: there is quite a buzz around Hales coming in...would welcome that actually.......has the temperament......

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
yeah that's what they have been saying: there is quite a buzz around Hales coming in...would welcome that actually.......has the temperament......

Yeah agreed 4 or 5 should suit him well, and he cannot do any worse than westley or Malan !

Users who are viewing this thread