England Team Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Jofra out for the summer. Elbow injury. Poor bloke. Hope he can make the World Cup, deserves a shot at defending the title.

And Ben Foakes has been dropped.

Surprised, not at all. Disappointed, yes.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Archer to be honest would be the most over hyped player of all time!! Has any other player so hyped been so injured all the time?

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Archer to be honest would be the most over hyped player of all time!! Has any other player so hyped been so injured all the time?

There are so many in all fairness. It’s not like Archer’s bad when he’s fit and firing either, he was integral in England’s first ODI WC win and looked good enough in the Ashes whilst there are plenty who have been overhyped and failed to do justice to said hype.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Dropping Foakes is the first real error of the Key/Stokes/McCullum era for me. He is the best wicketkeeper with the gloves in the world. That is a skill that is so valuable. England appear to have disregarded that skill for the sake of getting an extra batter in.

Bairstow should be back in, of course he should, but Zak Crawley is the glaringly obvious person he should have replaced.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Dropping Foakes is the first real error of the Key/Stokes/McCullum era for me.
Hey, I'm with you. But then again, how many dodgy looking decisions have worked out brilliantly for these guys already?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Dropping Foakes is the first real error of the Key/Stokes/McCullum era for me. He is the best wicketkeeper with the gloves in the world. That is a skill that is so valuable. England appear to have disregarded that skill for the sake of getting an extra batter in.

Bairstow should be back in, of course he should, but Zak Crawley is the glaringly obvious person he should have replaced.
If they win the Ashes no one will care. Bairstow is a good keeper, it's just a case that if he doesn't perform with bat or gloves it'll be quickly pointed out as an error.

I've accepted Crawley can't do anything that will get him dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread