International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You know..... Modern Ali is too good in Asia to be batting at 7. 7! . He needs to bat way higher. Believe me, he's not getting better at 7 . Id suggest to put him at 4 even opening, because it seems everyone has forgot he did really good in Sri Lanka before that disastrous World Cup. Batting lower will not help harness that potential out of him. The problem is England's batting depth is too good to be higher in the order. He's not a finisher. He's more like Root, will build on after starts. Instead that idiot Vince gets the top spot. " Sigh"

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You know..... Modern Ali is too good in Asia to be batting at 7. 7! . He needs to bat way higher. Believe me, he's not getting better at 7 . Id suggest to put him at 4 even opening, because it seems everyone has forgot he did really good in Sri Lanka before that disastrous World Cup. Batting lower will not help harness that potential out of him. The problem is England's batting depth is too good to be higher in the order. He's not a finisher. He's more like Root, will build on after starts. Instead that idiot Vince gets the top spot. " Sigh"

I guess you're talking about ODI. Ali averages under 30 (28.21) after 39 matches and has gone past 50 5 times while Vince scored 50 on his debut (The ODI vs Ireland doesn't really count) and he's averaging 22 this year (and at 7 he should have a bunch of not outs). I don't understand how Vince is an idiot, what did he do? Sure he didn't score runs in the tests but he was called up while he's been struggling for form. I'm not saying Vince is better then Ali but calling him an idiot and saying Ali has potential compared to Vince (who I presume you think has none) is down right absurd. I'm sure the selectors are better at judging ability and potential then you so maybe you should let a player play more then 1 game (and score 50 in it) before you right him off...

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I guess you're talking about ODI. Ali averages under 30 (28.21) after 39 matches and has gone past 50 5 times while Vince scored 50 on his debut (The ODI vs Ireland doesn't really count) and he's averaging 22 this year (and at 7 he should have a bunch of not outs). I don't understand how Vince is an idiot, what did he do? Sure he didn't score runs in the tests but he was called up while he's been struggling for form. I'm not saying Vince is better then Ali but calling him an idiot and saying Ali has potential compared to Vince (who I presume you think has none) is down right absurd. I'm sure the selectors are better at judging ability and potential then you so maybe you should let a player play more then 1 game (and score 50 in it) before you right him off...
Well, yes the selectors have better judgement, and I never said that Vince has no potential, though he's maybe not an idiot. I only feel Ali is better than Vince for the opening slot. You're talking this up as if I'm sending a message to ECB. My post wasn't that big of a deal. Not everyone has perfect judging ability. Well, I've never really liked Vince due to his inconsistency

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think that little ODI series gave us an interesting insight into England's best options for the coming years. Difficult to see a long future in the ODI side for Morgan really.

Test | ODI | T20I
:eng: :bat: Alastair Cook :c:|:eng: :bat: Alex Hales|:eng: :bat: Alex Hales
:eng: :bat: Haseeb Hameed|:eng: :bat: Jason Roy|:eng: :bat: Jason Roy
:eng: :bat: Ben Duckett|:eng: :bat: Joe Root|:eng: :bat: Joe Root
:eng: :bat: Joe Root|:eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler|:eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
:eng: :wkb: Jonny Bairstow|:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes|:eng: :bat: Sam Billings
:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes|:eng: :bat: Sam Billings|:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
:eng: :ar: Moeen Ali|:eng: :ar: Moeen Ali|:eng: :bat: Liam Livingstone
:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes|:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes|:eng: :ar: David Willey
:eng: :bwl: Stuart Broad|:eng: :ar: Adil Rashid|:eng: :ar: Liam Plunkett
:eng: :bwl: Jack Leach|:eng: :bwl: David Willey|:eng: :ar: Adil Rashid
:eng: :bwl: James Anderson|:eng: :bwl: Graeme White|:eng: :bwl: Tymal Mills

Personally, those would be my England sides across all three formats. And I'm completely unhappy about Moeen Ali's continued inclusion as a bowler, but never mind.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I must say, Gary Ballance is a special talent! Certainly way better than Ian Bell! :lol

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Genuine question - with the success of Haseeb Hameed, and with the lack of commanding county performances from more experienced batsmen, might it be worth blooding Dan Lawrence sooner rather than later?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Apparently Jack Leach (58 Division 1 wickets at 22) is not one of the four best spinners in the country. Instead, we'll pick the guy who managed eleven wickets in seven Tests ten years ago. What could possibly go wrong?

Even worse now he's not in the top 5!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
It was only a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread