Story England: The Holding of The Little Urn (Cricket 2005)

My sentiments exactly James. It looked quite good before the handbags were drawn...

Hey guys, im back to take this story once again. The stories long so il keep it short. College started and my life has been a bit hectic so i decided to leave this story, now life is settled im back. Hope everyone still wants to read it!

Chris Read has really shown some fierce hitting in his innings but he has gone one boundry too far and slices a rising ball straight into the canadians hands, 74-9 and it isnt getting any better. Can we hope Monty does somthing?

1stpage-1.jpg

Nope, Monty didnt get a bat, Hoggard hit a ball, which was beautifully done. Ran it down to third man, but due to Panesars limited speed, a easy two looked to be possible, until Hoggard turned and only half way down was it clear to see he was never going make it.

2ndpage-1.jpg

The only hope is that Flintoff can make a break through in Englands early overs. Please keeped tuned in to see what happens.

EASY!

Flintoff brought himself onto bowl the first over of the match as everyone expected, and somthing very unexpected happened. The third ball of the innings Flintoff tries to bounce one down the pitch, but somehow the ball ends up at an uncomfortale position for the batsmen. It was looking too low to duck and look too straight to move out of the way, what do you do? Panic is the answer and the ball only just missed hitting the batsmen square on the head. Flintoff is the kind of lad who knows when he is onto somthing, and the very next ball he makes the break through, and look how happy he is.

3rdpage-3.jpg

Just what England needed, they need to bowl Canada out cheap here to have any chance of not being on the wrong side of a humiliation here.

No no no! Good bowling by the Canadians, but they have to back it up with a good batting perfomrance.

C'mon Canada! :D

Yes Yes Yes

England are seriously in control here. Flintoff is enjoying himself here bowling and he is getting the ball to do somthing unexpectful every ball. First of all he find a bouncer which nearly smashed the batsmen shoulder and then it rose to only find Chris Reads fingertips. Now Flintoff has another wicket and this time he has found some low bounce and has again annoyed this batsmen. This New Zealand pitch is to the liking of Flintoff.

1stpage-2.jpg

Somthing is worrying the English balcony as hoggard has wandered down to third man to have a chat with the Physio. But in the meantime the most under-rated All Rounder in England takes his hand at bowling and what can this boy not do is somthing of a mystery. He has swung, bounced, skidded and spun this ball all over the place, and he makes his first scalp of the day, and what a beauty, a slower ball which crept underneath the bat, and hit middle stump, its amazing what England are doing here.

Do you reckon Flintoff will say the change was all in the tactics?

2ndpage-2.jpg

Flintoff has had enough wickets for now and decideds to go have a chat to the guys in at Slips while Paul Collingwood takes his place. Now the likes of Hoggard are masters of swing but Collingwood is loving this time. He is playing some of the most classic right arm medium fast ive ever seen, and finally he gets his wicket, an inswinger which the batsmen mistaked foolishly for an outswinger. 21/4. :eek:

3rdpage-4.jpg

Uncomforable? I think you need to proof-read before posting Simon. :p

And as for the story, I don't think any team who have been bowled out for 75 can be classed as 'in control'.

evertonfan said:
Uncomforable? I think you need to proof-read before posting Simon. :p

And as for the story, I don't think any team who have been bowled out for 75 can be classed as 'in control'.

Yes, but any team who are bowling and have restricted a team to 21/4, can be said to be in control :p

evertonfan said:
Not when the lead is only 54 with 6 wickets in hand.

Well ive played out this match, so people will have to wait to see what happens, but the way England are at the moment they are looking in control, 6 wickets is nothing if there getting lost every over :p

I'm shocked. Canada don't have a clue how to play shots to this EA Bug ball :p.

Nice presentation Simbazz :)

Users who are viewing this thread