England the worst No. 1??

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So is England the worst no.1? When India became No. 1 they were expected to lose it soon. England were expected to hold on to it for long.

Probably Eng. still trying to outperform India in terms of loses?

Last edited:

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
No thats not the case maybe they were taking Pakistan just to easy and that was the reason for that huge collapse in the second test,otherwise England is one of the best teams in cricket history and they have proved that in their previous matches.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
The first guy's an utter idiot while the next (Ahmad) is way too generous. Neither of them are right - England are neither the worst #1 team, nor are 'one of the best teams in test cricket history'.

6ry4nj

International Coach
This thread is beneath contempt. You can't even be bothered to spell your thread title correctly.

Who is the worst number one is a question of absolutely no importance. If it is of interest to you, you can look up who was ranked number one while holding the fewest ICC rankings points (which you haven't even bothered to do!). There can be no debate on the matter, and so there is no point having this thread.

I would also make the point that the worst number one - whoever it was - was still the best team in the world. In other words, to paraphrase Churchill, they were the worst team - apart from all the others.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
yeah i dont know why people go too extreme.england are a better side among all other normal teams.tbh today there is no team dominating the world cricket thats why no.1s do not stay at top for too long and i think its making the game more interesting.people get bored of watching just one team getting all the glory so i wont mind if the next no.1s also dont last for long but at the same time i dont like this thing that home team gets all and visitors get nothing.this should be changed

Ahad

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's a game and the better one wins on the particular day. England is still one of the strongest test side right now. Why can't you say that Pakistan defeated one of the best test side? What's the sense of saying WORST number 1?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me Rating is nothing. If a team preforms better they are the winners.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I wouldn't say that they are the worst. They were dominating for most of the match till the 4th innings. Plus they are lions at home.

Addy

National Board President
They had a great last year and there aint any doubt they shouldn't have been no1, it's just they have to improve their technique against quality spin bowling and be tough and positive mentally in SC. I'd not be surprised if they do better in India/Srilanka. Both of them lack quality pace+spin attack as Murli is retired now and Harbajan is going through rough patch. So this thread makes no sense. Only time wil tell.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Oh come on Mark! When India were No1 we were constantly hearing you have to win in England, Australia. Good we lost at both places which means the next no1 was more deserving but.. Wht you see is same old story. Poor away record and superb home record. We knew this would come when we lost the ranking but we never expected it to come soo coon :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well Mark, past does not count any more. Last time I checked India won 1-0 in England, their previous down under tour although we lost we did good. We did well in Africa tieing up 1-1. We have done well too when I checked last time, but mate its time we live in present :p. India have lost 8 matches consecutively and England have just started with 2.

I am damn sure England won't lose 8 on a trott but I am not denying that they will not win for sometime now. ;)

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
This thread makes baby Jeebus cry. I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread