England tour of South Africa 09/10

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He was out stumped on that knick (which I couldn't see), but they only appealed for the catch. Luck finally going our way for once.
Since when do you have to pick what you appeal for? Or is there some sort of secret cricketers language I was previously unaware of?

Howzaaaaaaat = LBW
Howaaaarrrggggggh = Caught
aaaaaaazzzzzaaaaahht = Stumped???

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Since when do you have to pick what you appeal for? Or is there some sort of secret cricketers language I was previously unaware of?

Howzaaaaaaat = LBW
Howaaaarrrggggggh = Caught
aaaaaaazzzzzaaaaahht = Stumped???

I think it depends on who you look at when you appeal. If Prior had looked at the Square Leg umpire, there would have been a case. Just speculating though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I think it depends on who you look at when you appeal. If Prior had looked at the Square Leg umpire, there would have been a case. Just speculating though.
Law 27.4. Appeal "How's That?"
An appeal "How's That?" covers all ways of being out.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Yeah... anyone know how many keepers have gotten to 5,000 Test runs? I'm guessing Gilchrist, Sangakarra and Alec Stewart would be ones. Any others?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah... anyone know how many keepers have gotten to 5,000 Test runs? I'm guessing Gilchrist, Sangakarra and Alec Stewart would be ones. Any others?
Far as I can remember, as a Wicket-keeper only Gilchrist has gotten to 5000

stefan

International Coach
Prince and JP again disappointing. Time to look at pietersen,elgar and rossouw. Good effort by Kallis and Boucher. AB really shouldn't get out like that, he is too good a player give his wicket away softly. England on top, we need to try and get to 300 and then bowl very well.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I'll still say they got really good deliveries. If they had given their wicket away, I would be pissed, but they didn't. They made England earn it, even if it didn't take too long, but still. Duminy is the future along with AB. Surely we can't drop him, because of a bad patch.

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Kallis has been magic in the first innings, with that 100, then 75 and now this.

Hopefully he can convert this into a bigger score. He looks really comfortable at the crease now though.

Users who are viewing this thread