England tour of West Indies 2015

When I say Taylor and a fully fit Roach form a formidable bowling attack I mean just this. It has been ages I have been waiting to see these two together on song.

When I say Taylor and a fully fit Roach form a formidable bowling attack I mean just this. It has been ages I have been waiting to see these two together on song.

Plus Rampaul and Narine in support..

Impressed with the start. The biggest challenge always seems to be maintaining that intensity throughout the day/ as the ball gets older and of course backing up that bowling performance w/ a solid start

Good to see an England recovery of sorts, after a poor start.

England’s Jimmy Anderson: unique style of the boldest swinger in town | Mike Selvey | Sport | The Guardian

Certainly a great achievement, especially considering his selection was very non English if many recall. Picked on raw talent like Asian teams tend to do and thrown to the wolves in Australia 2002/03, instead of taking many wickets in county cricket. Jimmy essentially learnt to be a top quality bowler via harsh on the job training.

So while i'd still rate Gough, Caddick, Flintoff & a fit Simon Jones as the better ENG fast bowlers of my cricket lifetime & cannot place Anderson in the same sentence as legendary ENG quicks such as Trueman, Larwood, Barnes, Snow, Statham, Botham, Tyson, Willis, Bedser - he deserves massive respect for reaching 100th test and being on verge of being the nations leading wicket-taker in history - given his aforementioned path to this point.

Dominic Cork?

Diluted West Indies attack concedes advantage | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"Let us imagine, for a moment, a parallel universe where, with England on 34 for 3, Denesh Ramdin was able to throw the ball to Dwayne Bravo."

"Let us imagine a world where T20 cricket had not turned the heads of players. Where the West Indies Cricket Board had not alienated others and where they had the funds and the vision to provide central contracts that ensured the retention of their best players. Where West Indies finally made the most of the talent in the region."

"Sunil Narine, another whose career path seems to be defined by the shortest format, might have made a difference, too. He is unproven at Test level but, bearing in mind England's uneasy relationship with spin, he may well have proved a more testing proposition than Benn."

Where are all of the Ian Bell haters?

here. he was lucky, and then bottled it at the end when he needed to bat through the new ball... the luckiest England player ever - played a hundred tests when he's should barely have played 10.

With Stokes finding form for England, come the english summer we could be playing 3 in Stokes,Ali and Woakes(debut was at 6, 8 FC tons and a higher First class average than stokes) at 6,8 and 9), with Rashid seemingly in the mix, do we think the selectors will do this, and how does ali fit back in for the windies series, he bowled yesterday for Worcs, Does this put Buttler under pressure from the better gloveman, if he might be batting at 8( ala FOster/Read)

also are cook ballance and trott under pressure from lyth.

I would take the captainncy from cook, only seems to be weighing him down, and give it to bell or root, they seem to be in form, and both have done it for their counties in the past

here. he was lucky, and then bottled it at the end when he needed to bat through the new ball... the luckiest England player ever - played a hundred tests when he's should barely have played 10.

The guy's scored 22 hundreds for his country. I think a little bit of respect should be shown.

The guy's scored 22 hundreds for his country. I think a little bit of respect should be shown.
Have to agree: no way should he be playing ODI but as a test player he is a joy to watch when he is on form.

please don't give root the captaincy, i wouldn't want to ruin a young player by forcing them into a toxic role in an impossible situation

Users who are viewing this thread