England tour of West Indies 2021/22

Who will the the Richards-Botham Trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What England desperately lack nowadays is a player the likes of Ian Bell/ Jame sTaylor. I'd go more so with Ian Bell, as he had this knack of holding together when everything around him as crumbling. Dunno, what can be done at the top though- cause they've given quite a few people a decent run there. As someone mentioned, the Ben stokes option might be worth a try here.
You forgot Trott,the best of the lot ;)

Two centuries in three Tests from Bairstow? I might have to change my view about him soon.

A wonderful supporting knock from Foakes as well. How is he not a regular in the team is beyond me.

Because his name isn't Jos Buttler
Reckon he is on thin ice in the longest format of the game? Surely he hasn't played well except for one innings here and there.

Ideally he shouldn't get back in at all. But he will
There was also that time when Buttler missed every stumping chance in his first 27 Tests as a designated keeper (out of his first 47 Tests overall), while Foakes has already taken five stumpings in his first eight Tests. It's not just about missing chances in this case, but also failing to create them

There was also that time when Buttler missed every stumping chance in his first 27 Tests as a designated keeper (out of his first 47 Tests overall), while Foakes has already taken five stumpings in his first eight Tests. It's not just about missing chances in this case, but also failing to create them

Ah yeah that was a thing. Forget he's not even a good keeper to go along with his not being a good long form batsman. Madness he's played so many tests. Really hope Foakes gets millions of runs in this series so they can't sneak Buttler back into the side

Forget he's not even a good keeper
It's weird, but this was definitely a thing. I remember being pretty convinced for a couple of years that he was less bad than Bairstow, which I think I was lulled into more because Bairstow is a better outfielder. Buttler's outfielding, meanwhile, is also chronic

It's weird, but this was definitely a thing. I remember being pretty convinced for a couple of years that he was less bad than Bairstow, which I think I was lulled into more because Bairstow is a better outfielder. Buttler's outfielding, meanwhile, is also chronic

Reckon he just pretends to be a keeper to avoid having to run?

Reckon he just pretends to be a keeper to avoid having to run?
Wouldn't rule it out - by all accounts he was exactly that kind of captain at school

There is a classic story about him in his final year at King's College - the MCC (they have a prolific Wandering fixture list) had turned up for their annual game and Buttler won the toss. He chose to bat first and opened the batting with himself and Alex Barrow

It was a time game (as Wandering fixtures are) but Buttler just didn't declare which really pissed off the MCC players. He also made about 200-odd himself because of course he did.

He then went off into the sunset and left Barrow (next year's captain) to face up to an MCC attack that included several professional fast bowlers roped in for the occasion. Not that it mattered to Buttler, who had had his day of not fielding and no consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread