England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Abraham Benjamin de Villiers is captain of South Africa baby! :clap :cheers

A well deserved recognition for an incredible cricketer and an even better man.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Abraham Benjamin de Villiers is captain of South Africa baby! :clap :cheers

A well deserved recognition for an incredible cricketer and an even better man.

But an average captain...

bigred

Club Captain
Philander definitely out of the series and Steyn probably out, so I just can't see SA bowlers troubling us too much.

stefan

International Coach
Philander definitely out of the series and Steyn probably out, so I just can't see SA bowlers troubling us too much.

Not convinced about. Have enough seam bowler quality to cause problems if we get the quick wickets that wanderers and centurion promises.

Still convinced Steyn will have a say in this series.

Will see what the squad is on friday but I think they will go with this side for wanderers:

1.Elgar
2.Cook
3.Amla
4.AB
5.Faf
6.Bavuma
7.QDK
8.Morris/Piedt
9.Steyn/Abbot/Viljoen
10.Radaba
11.Morkel

bigred

Club Captain
Steyn won't be back until the 4th I reckon. They won't admit it now as it'll deflate the squad.

Morkel is a decent bowler but the rest of them are a joke.nowhere near the quality of Anderson, Broad or Finn. Viljeon might be the ace in the pack, but he'll be playing his first test. Never easy.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Abbott is better then Finn and on his day Broad so don't underestimate our attack...

bigred

Club Captain
Abbott is better then Finn and on his day Broad so don't underestimate our attack...

Abbott isn't anywhere near Broad's class, and if any coach in the world had a choice between Finn and Abbott 95/100 of them would pick Finn.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha @ Rabada and Abbot being called a joke - easy now bigred

PokerAce

Banned
Not convinced about. Have enough seam bowler quality to cause problems if we get the quick wickets that wanderers and centurion promises.

Still convinced Steyn will have a say in this series.

Will see what the squad is on friday but I think they will go with this side for wanderers:

1.Elgar
2.Cook
3.Amla
4.AB
5.Faf
6.Bavuma
7.QDK
8.Morris/Piedt
9.Steyn/Abbot/Viljoen
10.Radaba
11.Morkel

Is Alistair Cook switching sides? :D

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
In other news, JP Duminy and Dane Vilas both scored 100s (Vilas at over 100 strike rate) against a Lions attack that included Leie, Phangiso, Viljoen and Pretorious...

stefan

International Coach
Same squad for the last 2 tests, no stephen cook
frown.gif
Odi squad announced:

Proteas squads:

Test

AB de Villiers (Titans, captain), Kyle Abbott (Dolphins), Hashim Amla (Cape Cobras), Temba Bavuma (Highveld Lions), Quinton de Kock (Titans), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Titans), Dean Elgar (Titans), Morne Morkel (Titans), Chris Morris (Titans), Dane Piedt (Cape Cobras), Kagiso Rabada (Highveld Lions), Rilee Rossouw (Knights), Dale Steyn (Cape Cobras), Stiaan van Zyl (Cape Cobras), Hardus Viljoen (Highveld Lions)

ODI

AB de Villiers (Titans, captain), Kyle Abbott (Dolphins), Hashim Amla (Cape Cobras), Farhaan Behardien (Titans), Quinton de Kock (Titans), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), Faf du Plessis (Titans), Imran Tahir (Dolphins), David Miller (Dolphins), Morne Morkel (Titans), Chris Morris (Titans), Kagiso Rabada (Highveld Lions), Rilee Rossouw (Knights), Dale Steyn (Cape Cobras)

Users who are viewing this thread