England vs SL 2nd Test Sponsored by Marcus Trescothick's Cricket Coach

Geez Octavius you have a team almost the same as mine but your captain has done something. Oh why did I take a punt should have gone for the overall series.

My team is also similar. But instead of Tharanga I've Collingwood. And instead of Malinga, who isn't playing, I've got Muralitharan.

Flintoff is my captain and I hope this time he will get the time to bat twice.

I thought intially of choosing Malinga this morning but in the end decided to go with Vaas as most others would choose Malinga anyway.Here's my team,made a few bold choices this time.

Batsman 1 Upul Tharanga(B)
Batsman 2 Andrew Strauss(C)
Batsman 3 Kevin Pietersen
Batsman 4 Alastair Cook(B)
Batsman 5 Tillakaratne Dilshan
Wicket Keeper Kumar Sangakkara
All-Rounder 1 Andrew Flintoff(B)
Bowler 1 Chaminda Vaas
Bowler 2 Muttiah Muralitharan(B)
Bowler 3 Sajid Mahmood
Bowler 4 Matthew Hoggard

ZexyZahid said:
My team is also similar. But instead of Tharanga I've Collingwood. And instead of Malinga, who isn't playing, I've got Muralitharan.

Flintoff is my captain and I hope this time he will get the time to bat twice.

Malinga is playing. Plunkett has picked up two quick wickets so not much for captain Flintoff to do.

I had him as my captain as well but replaced him with KP about an hour before hand, though I'd gamble as KP either gets loads or very few. Glad I did that now :D

Batsman 1 Marcus Trescothick
Batsman 2 Mahela Jayawardene +
Batsman 3 Paul Collingwood
Batsman 4 Kevin Pietersen +
Batsman 5 Tillakaratne Dilshan
Wicket Keeper Kumar Sangakkara
All-Rounder 1 Andrew Flintoff (c)
Bowler 1 Sajid Mahmood
Bowler 2 Chaminda Vaas
Bowler 3 Muttiah Muralitharan +
Bowler 4 Matthew Hoggard +

aussie1st said:
Malinga is playing. Plunkett has picked up two quick wickets so not much for captain Flintoff to do.

Yeah, I see it now too. I was looking in the last parts of the names, since I had to put my team in quickly and I couldn't find Malinga there. But now I see there were the batsmen listed also.

Sri Lanka team
TM Dilshan, DPMD Jayawardene, KMDN Kulasekara, MF Maharoof, SL Malinga, M Muralitharan, TT Samaraweera, KC Sangakkara, WU Tharanga, WPUJC Vaas, MG Vandort

And I dropped Plunkett and he gets three wickets. :mad

And I put Jayawardene in and he gets a duck. :mad:

I went for Jayawardene for some reason, my gut instinct said pick Dilshan, but I feel over two innings he's bound to get some runs, didn't expect a 3 ball duck however.

Decided to stick with Plunkett as he bowled well in the last test without reward, seems to have paid off. I also went for Panesar as a bit of a gamble, I feel Sri Lanka will bat much better in the second innings, and he will get a longish spell and pick up a few wickets. Hoping Collingwood gets a few on this lowish pitch, although I feel Malinga will get him out cheaply and might regret picking him.

I've collected 6 wickets of Sri Lankan first innings. I missed out on Plunkett and Panesar.

I've got Plunkett, Panesar, Flintoff, and Hoggard, I missed out on 1 wicket, the one Mahmood got :)

I'm now hoping Murali gets a 5-for, but only at the same time as England rack up 550! Preferably with Trescothick, Collingwood, Flintoff, and Pietersen in the runs :D

Hmm just checked my team, and I seem to have picked Dilshan and Jayawardene, forgot I did that assuming that England only bat once :p

Last edited:
My skipper Tresco gone! Its a pity that one needs a near-perfect team to win when 90 people have registered, but who cares? :p :D

Strauss is gone too now for 29 runs. A good thing he didn't score that many runs.

Users who are viewing this thread