Zim Batting
viewPhoto.php

Zim Manhattan
viewPhoto.php

Eng Bowling
viewPhoto.php

Worm
viewPhoto.php

I would also like to bring to notice that the two test series between England and Zimbabwe will go ahead as scheduled, and will be an official test match series.

However, as you know Hussain, Giles, Hoggard and Jones have not travelled to Zimbabwe due to moral reasons.

Originally posted by brad352
Great game mate- well done :)

thanks mate....though its no great feeling when you have managed to beat a second string Zimbabwe team by just five runs.
anyways it was a good match to play.

Marvellous game of cricket but certainly there must be some discomfort in the England camp. How will that narrow victory affect the preparations for the Test matches, especially as they are already under a cloud due to the absence of senior players.
The bowling attack may struggle.

But good luck to you Vaughannie, I'm sure you won't miss Hussain in the middle order.

Strauss and Collingwood are both capable of replacing Hussain in the middle order, but I think the absence of Hoggard, Jones and Giles could affect England in the test matches. Johnson, Anderson, Kirtley, and Batty will fight for those three places.

Zimbabwe vs England
1st Test
ZIMSUN Test Series
Harare Sports Complex, Harare

Welcome to the first test between Zimbabwe and England here at Harare. England are without some of their key players. Nasser Hussain, Ashley Giles, Matthew Hoggard and Simon Jones have not travelled to Zimbabwe due to moral reasons.
England won the ODI series 3-0, and will want keep the momentum going into the test matches.

The Conditions: Sunny, Warm and no chance of rain.
viewPhoto.php

The Pitch: A good wicket, normal bounce, has a tendency to break open as the match progresses, and hence batting on Day 5 could be very tricky.
viewPhoto.php

The Toss: Michael Vaughan won the toss and elected to bat first.

The Teams: England have three changes in the side that played in the third test against New Zealand at Auckland, Andrew Strauss, Gareth Batty and James Anderson.
For Zimbabwe just one change as Alistair Maragwede replaces Vusi Sibanda.
viewPhoto.php

viewPhoto.php

UPDATE: Day 1 (At Stumps)
England 323/3 (1st Innings)
A. Strauss 131*
G. Thorpe 98*
M. Trescothick 55

England lost captain Michael Vaughan early, thanks to a fantastic yorker from Tishan Panyangara that rattled Vaughan's stumps. Trescothick and Strauss then played well, and built a partnership of 96 runs. Trescothick however could not last long after reaching his fifty, as he was caught at square leg by Rainsford off Matsikenyeri for 55. Mark Butcher was then clean bowled by Rainsford for 16. The Surrey batsman charging down the pitch, but missing the line of the ball. England at this stage were 132/3.
But after that Strauss and Thorpe played magnificently, to take England to a strong position at the end of Day 1. Strauss reached his century and at the end of the days play is unbeaten on 131, while Thorpe is unbeaten on 98.

Join us for day 2 of this first Zimsun Test Match between Zimbabwe and England. Can Zimbabwe bounce back, or can England take the match away from them? All this will be answered on Day 2.
Stay tuned to this thread.

viewPhoto.php

Last edited:
Go Andy Strauss, what amrvellous knock he's doning it for real and he's doing it virtually. You should build a sizeable total especially if these two keep going the way they are.

Cracking start big man!!!

well generally i lose my patience...and my wickets!

but yeah lets hope i get to atleast 400 first, and then we shall see what happens.

Zimbabwe 14/2 (1st Innings)
D. Ebrahim 8*
B. Taylor 1*

England 698-6 declared (1st Innings)
G. Thorpe 302*
A. Strauss 225

Matsikenyeri 3/184

It was a great day for England as Strauss and Thorpe both carried on their good form from day 1 into day 2. Good strokeplay, timing and running between the wickets, saw the both of them build a huge partnership of 406 runs. Strauss reached his maiden test double century, and was eventually dismissed for 225. Thorpe went one step better and scored his first test triple century, and remained unbeaten on 302. Flintoff and Read did well to support Thrope and to accelerate the scoring rate, but were dismissed for 37 and 30 respectively. As soon as Chris Read's wicket fell, Michael Vaughan declared the England innings with the score at 698-6.
Zimbabwe got off to disasterous start losing both its openers cheaply. James Anderson had Stuart Matsikenyeri clean bowled for one, while Vermeulen was caught by Michael Vaughan at second slip off Steve Harmison.

Zimbabwe have a near impossible task in front of them. But, you never know, cricket is a funny game and anything could happen.
Stay tuned to this thread for Day 3 of this first Zimsun Test Match between Zimbabwe and England.

viewPhoto.php

viewPhoto.php

Users who are viewing this thread