English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Big news today is that Pakistan have given No Objection Certificates to Rana Naved and Mushy Ahmed. It seems the PCB has loosened its policy against players who have taken part in the ICL.

Good news that is.

Mushy my favorite bowler in county cricket, not because of any nationality or anything.. reasons.

+ funny guys, le laughs when he gets hit for 4, LOL
+ great to watch
+ not being overrated, makes him good
+ his english is best ever.

- PCB suck, and wont play that guy.

Dutch - No.

South African

aiight, very "duch" name though, maybe because of colonial power of Netherlands in South Africa.

Last edited:
Good news that is.

Mushy my favorite bowler in county cricket, not because of any nationality or anything.. reasons.

+ funny guys, le laughs when he gets hit for 4, LOL
+ great to watch
+ not being overrated, makes him good
+ his english is best ever.

- PCB suck, and wont play that guy.

He's 37 now so is rightly not being picked. He had a decent test career, and a career average of 32, which is OK, not amazing, but OK. He's had his test match career, and although he's been awesome in CC cricket his time has passed, and the PCB are right not to have picked him since his last game in 03. Pakistan cricket fans have to move on; Shoaib's never going to get back to the player he once was, and Mushtaq is far too old to be considered again.

aiight, very "duch" name though, maybe because of colonial power of Netherlands in South Africa.

Why did you say duch even though it's blatently wrong, why make intentional mistakes ?.

You put "duch" in speech marks, I was just inquiring as to why you did it, considering it's an incorrect spelling of the nationality; and a blatent one considering you put it in speech marks.

You put "duch" in speech marks, I was just inquiring as to why you did it, considering it's an incorrect spelling of the nationality; and a blatent one considering you put it in speech marks.

ohh crap, I swear I know how to spell that "dutch", some mistake, I dunno'.

sorry..

No problem, i just thought you were being purposely illiterate to annoy people :p. Are you going to comment on my opinion about your comment about Mushtaq Ahmed ? To get this thread remotely back on course :p

He's 37 now so is rightly not being picked. He had a decent test career, and a career average of 32, which is OK, not amazing, but OK. He's had his test match career, and although he's been awesome in CC cricket his time has passed, and the PCB are right not to have picked him since his last game in 03. Pakistan cricket fans have to move on; Shoaib's never going to get back to the player he once was, and Mushtaq is far too old to be considered again.

k, first of all BLA BLA! kidding.

My opinion says, that a player never gets "old" until, he cannot perform well, and not be able to come on to the pitch. I mean, if he can still pick wickets, and have less injuries compared to some of Pakistan's young bowlers (Asif/Gul/Tanveer), that is great.

When Danish Kaneria came on, I though the new era of spin bowling in Pakistan had started, but he was crap no matter what. We haven’t been able to develop, internationally any young spin bowler from past 10 years or so... tells you how ghey PCB is.

It was confirmed today that Mohammed Asif will not play for Surrey this season. He had signed for Surrey back in October, but the PCB have denied the player clearance to play, instead he will spend the English Summer recovering from an elbow injury. Surrey had already signed Nicholson as cover.

Johann Louw has rejoined Northants as an overseas player after Northants failed with their registration of Andrew Hall and Johann van der Wath.

Last edited:
James Kirtley is one of my favorite bowlers in CC, I changed my support to Sussex from Lancs :p, thats brave..

also dont Glamorgan suck?

also dont Glamorgan suck?

Dont get me started on glamorgan,there is just something about that team i can't stand.

also glad to hear you dumped lancashire for sussex,as yorkshireman im very glad to hear that:p

At least we can actually make a decent challenge for some trophies!

Is Luke Sutton going to be play for us this year, I heard that he meant to be going back to Derbyshire and lead them.

I hope he does go back because Gareth Cross is looking like a good player, I want him to play more games.

I think Rikki Clarke is lined up as Derbyshire Captain for this year. They're set to sign two Kolpak players soon as well. This IPL/ICL thing is really leaving us with some poor Overseas players in the County game as well.

This IPL/ICL thing is really leaving us with some poor Overseas players in the County game as well.
Is that all bad though?

Yes its going to be painful this season, maybe next. But if English County Cricket can't attract top overseas talent any more perhaps it gives more chances for home-grown talent to progress.

I do think this whole issue of banning players because of ICL has been handled very poorly by the ECB though. We've known for ages about the ICL, so why are they only banning players now? It hurts the clubs and the supporters most because they have planned around having certain players and now at the last moment replacements are needed. Surely if clubs now have to bring in overseas/kolpak players at the last moment they won't be of the same quality.

The best thing about English County Cricket is that, my God, isn't this well organized. The bad thing about it is the overseas player limit of two, really bad, should be around 3/4.

Users who are viewing this thread