English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Derbyshire have signed Dominic Telo with Charl Langeveldt rumoured to be arriving soon as well.

Hampshire is trying hard to get back Bond.I think they need some No Objection certificate from NZ Board..

Should be 1 overseas in my opinion, and i'm glad it has changed. Should be 4 or 5 English U25's in each match squad also. With the kolpak's playing a lot 1 overseas will do it for foreigners. Say there are 2 kolpak's then that leaves 3 or 4 slots for players over 25 from England, so plenty of room for Caddick's and Ramprakash's.

England need to look for the future, and also players who are on the books at U19 level and below should be included a lot more in county cricket. I love to see Andy Caddick and Marcus Trescothick at my favourite club Somerset, but I also want to see young stars like James Hildreth and Michael Munday. I think the rules I mentioned above would give a good mix of what the fans want to see and get younger players more experienced at a high level.

that is bad for Cricket. Should be 2.

The ECB's stand against the ICL seems to be crumbling by the day. Jason Gillespie has now had his registration approved despite his participation.

More ICL players cleared to play today. Hamish Marshall is now clear to play for Gloucestershire and Shane Bond is clear to play for Hants.

Justin Kemp still not cleared to play for Kent though. Looks like this is going to end in court.

Kemp, Hall, van der Wath and Hinds

They are Kolpaks, it seems you can now play in English county and ICL if you are English, or an overseas player (or hold a joke Irish passport) but not if you qualify as a kolpak player. Legally I don't see how this can stand up.

I don't see the logic in that. I read something about Marshall being a Kolpak though?

He has an Irish passport, originally his registration was refused because he played for NZ 8 days after their cut off point of 1st April 2007.

Eugh. Jason Gallian is at Essex. He's a complete cock, was supposed to be captain material at Notts and acted like a buffoon. He failed to get on with Pietersen, so preceded to through KP's kit off the Trent Bridge balcony, hardly the way to deal with someone you don't get on with, especially for a captain.

If we get Kemp through (which we should, his ban is a total nonsense), we'll look very strong this season. Real quality in that middle order.

Somerset have 'signed' Zander De Bruyn although they haven't received clearance from the ECB yet, so who knows if it will happen or not.

Users who are viewing this thread