English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
lol good to see the kids getting through at Surrey.

is this thread for general proper cricket (not like that Aussie or Indian nonsense) talk or is it just for transfers, only I want to laugh at Mahmood, 1-34 off 8 against UAE :p

lol good to see the kids getting through at Surrey.

is this thread for general proper cricket (not like that Aussie or Indian nonsense) talk or is it just for transfers, only I want to laugh at Mahmood, 1-34 off 8 against UAE :p
Just for transfers.

Im pretty confident about yorkshire's chance's of bringing the trophy back to headingley.

We have a very,very good batting and bowling line-up this year.

At this moment it looks like the following players will not be playing County cricket as the ECB has rejected their registrations

Wavell Hinds - Derbyshire
Johannes van der Wath & Andrew Hall - Northamptonhire
Hamish Marshall - Gloucestershire
Justin Kemp - Kent

I'm not quite sure why Rana Naved and Mushy Ahmed are not on this list.

Also Nottinghamshire have signed Adam Voges as cover for David Hussey who is off to play in IPL dispite being contracted by Notts.

Last edited:
So does that mean the English ICL players like Read, Nixon, Maddy etc won't be able to play county cricket as well or is it only overseas players who can't play?

No they are clear to play (at the moment) as are overseas players who were already registered with the ECB. But that leaves me puzzled as to why Hamish Marshall has been banned, as he played for Glous last season.

Big news today is that Pakistan have given No Objection Certificates to Rana Naved and Mushy Ahmed. It seems the PCB has loosened its policy against players who have taken part in the ICL.

With so little time before the start of the season, I didn't think I'd be posting an "out". But Shane Warne will not be playing at all for Hants and has retired from first class cricket.

I think if I were a Hants fan (heaven forbid!) I'd be pretty unhappy with the way he's retired. He just should have come straight out with it and retired at the end of last season giving Hampshire plenty of time, instead he's announced 3 times now that he'll be missing more and more of the season, before its even got underway.

Mushy Ahmed.

:crying

Damn it!

Who are all your players to watch for this season? Mine is Ryan ten Doeschate, most people who follow English domestic cricket should know that this guy is class, but I feel he's going to have a superb season this year, or at least I hope he does.

It's abit arsey of Warne to leave it to now, a few weeks before the start of the season to tell them about his retirement, doesn't exactly give Hampshire much time to get a replacement in. IPL/ICL have had a massive effect on the English County game i think, players like Astle, Maddy, Read, Mascheranas, Bond, etc etc all deciding to play in India and miss part of or not play in the CC. Hampshire will have to use their young english players i suppose, which could be a good thing for the English game. This is where they wish that Adil Rashid was born in Southampton :P

Adil Rashid, Joe Denly, James Harris and Steve Davies are the players to watch for me. All young and massively talented, they have far more talent and potential than Ten Doeschate, who's pretty over-rated tbh.

At this moment it looks like the following players will not be playing County cricket as the ECB has rejected their registrations

Wavell Hinds - Derbyshire
Johannes van der Wath & Andrew Hall - Northamptonhire
Hamish Marshall - Gloucestershire
Justin Kemp - Kent

I'm not quite sure why Rana Naved and Mushy Ahmed are not on this list.

Also Nottinghamshire have signed Adam Voges as cover for David Hussey who is off to play in IPL dispite being contracted by Notts.

duch?

Users who are viewing this thread