English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Adam Voges is just incredibly consistent and also an exceptional crisis player . Really wonder what forbids him from being a permanent feature in the Australian ODI setup .

Adam Voges is just incredibly consistent and also an exceptional crisis player . Really wonder what forbids him from being a permanent feature in the Australian ODI setup .

Because they are better ODI players around. AUS ODI depth is still very strong.

He deserves to replace an overrated guy the Aussies possess in Cameron Leon White .

----------

Cameron White | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Adam Voges | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

----------

Voges easily wins the duel there according to the stats .

Well firstly Cam White is not over-rated. He has just run into a terrible trot since the end of AUS summer, that every quality player has in their careers. I expect him to get out of it soon however.

Voges a decent player no doubt but isn't comparable to White @ his best @ international level. Voges has also never played for AUS in real pressure situation in a live series or tournament. Most of time he gets picked is at the back end of series (when AUS have already won) when key players get reseted & he played a few decent knocks, but never showed anything that suggested he was that good, to push out other really good established players in the ODI/T20 set-up.

In a place like AUS where you have alot of talented players, which has been the case for the last 15 years. Voges is one of those who doesn't have that x-factor, which is why he cant crack into the squad regardless of being a quality player. But AUS ODI & T20 teams certainly aren't weaker for not picking him, that i am certain of.

Last edited:
Just had the pleasure of watching my beloved Surrey overrun a lacklustre Gloucestershire side. Admittedly, their bowling attack was weak but it was so satisfying to see Hamilton-Brown and Davies power along (chasing 155) at 10/over for the first 11 overs. Muralitharan looked ineffective and the entire Gladiators bowling attack looked poor. Surrey, however, looked very strong; Nannes took 3 wickets and looks a brilliant acquisition, Linley continued his run of form with 2 wickets and the batting looked dominant. Schofield looked iffy but Batty held up that spin department and Spriegel had a couple of overs too. Surrey are a team to watch out for this one-day season, having won their first 5 Pro40 games and having won 8, drawn 2 of their last 10 competitive games.

And Kieswetter is back with a bang! 59 off 22 in the t20 match against Middlesex . I really feel he's done enough to get a national re-call .

WOW, some amazing bowling from Lancashire. Rashid has the capability to smash some big blows, he is the man to win the game for Yorkshire.

Users who are viewing this thread