English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I think the Strauss loan is a good deal for all parties really. We'll be playing a host of younger players I'd imagine, so it means having an experienced head in there so that the likes of Trescothick can rest. Hopefully Hildreth can show what he can do with Strauss at close quarters too.

Natwest Womens International T20 - England v New Zealand
Friends Life T20 - Essex vs. Hampshire
Friends Life T20 - Nottinghamshire vs. Leicestershire
Natwest Womens International T20 - England v Australia
Natwest Womens International T20 - England v India
Friends Life T20 - Somerset vs. Glamorgan
Natwest Womens International T20 - Final
Friends Life T20 - Hampshire vs. Sussex

I can watch all of these games on Willow TV. Which games are "must watches", so to speak? I want to see players who are supposedly the next big thing in English cricket, so Ben Stokes, David Payne, James Harris, James Taylor, etc. Otherwise, teams which have good International players that are worthwhile to watch.

Ignore the Womens games obviously.

Friends Life T20 - Essex vs. Hampshire
Friends Life T20 - Hampshire vs. Sussex

Tonight's match is an absolute cracker. Hampshire arguably possess the most talented bunch of youngsters imo - Briggs, Vince, Wood are future prospects to many. Plus they have Mascarenhas who's back after a long injury layoff and Afridi will be making his Hampshire debut tonight. Meanwhile, Essex have Southee, RTD and Styris(injured I guess) playing tonight.

Sussex possess Luke Wright, Prior, Liddle(has had a very good campaign thus far).

Last edited:
Southee has been hitting so well

Southee!!!!! :D

74 off 34 balls. Didn't I mention somewhere in this thread how awesome it would be if he opened? :p

Don't see how he didn't get MOTM though.

I have actually said in the past that he should possibly be opening for us in T20Is, because he's no use down at number 9/10. If you stick him out as an opener he's even going to get out in the first over and not waste much time, or he's going to do that, so it's either going to make no difference or it's going to be a win situation.

I'm just looking at the T20 tables, and wow they suck from an Auckland perspective, because two of our overseas players play for Nottinghamshire and Hampshire respectively, and ignoring Hampshire points deduction they've been the two best teams so far.

Andre Adams doesn't actually play the T20s for Nottinghamshire though, so hopefully if they qualify for the Champions League they'll let him come and play for us.

It's pretty tight with us down South. Looking for the top four places in the group, the top 7 are split by 2 points.

1. Hampshire PLAYED 9 PTS 12
2. Sussex P 9 PTS 12
3. Essex P 10 PTS 10
4. Somerset P 9 PTS 10
5. Surrey P 8 PTS 9
6. Glamorgan P 8 PTS 8
7. Kent P 8 PTS 8

Looking good for Surrey; wins are absolutely vital with our games in hand.

Bah, Somerset finally won a match that was aired on television. Tresco was at his irresistible best out there! Shame that he wont be playing the clt20 even if they qualify given its taking place in India. I expected England to get the nod this time round to host it, but oh well.

Double centuries!

If O'Brien and Marshall can gun like that for Ireland it could be interesting

lol at Afridi owning Sussex! Reduced from 1/52 (6) to 5/59 (8) in no time. As Bumble says, never try a cricket shot if your not good at it. This being directed at Lou Vincent's pathetic reverse sweep that triggered the collapse.

Afridi slowly becoming one of my favourite cricketers. He may be a mindless hack when it comes to batting, but he is an awesome bowler.

I spent a good deal of that game assuming that Dominic Cork was coaching Hampshire. He's so inconceivably old. Pakistan totally won.

Users who are viewing this thread