English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree with you. :yes.Samit Patel, Sajid Mahmood, I could keep naming them

Samit Patel, born Leicester. Sajid Mahmood, born Bolton. Exactly what kind of racial purity crusade are you on mate? Perhaps you think Zaheer Khan should go 'back' to Pakistan too?! :facepalm

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Just a quick question, roughly how much do tickets cost to go to the English domestic T20 matches?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Ok, thanks. I'm going to England/Scotland in the middle of the year, and I want to watch some cricket over there. The England - Australia ODIs are all over ?100, so I think I might try and catch one or two of the domestic T20 matches.

That's a pretty big difference to what we experience here in New Zealand. For ODIs you can normally get the cheap seats for like $20, and our domestic T20 matches are also $20.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, they really hike the prices up for the International matches but in a sense they have to because of the ridiculous fees they have to pay in order to get those matches.

The way the ECB assigns the test matches is utterly ridiculous.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Somerset are keeping busy in the off season. Kieswetter has signed a new contract, also mentioning that he's not going to play T20 cricket anywhere else, so will be available at the start of the season, which is great news.

Oh, and we've signed some lad called Gayle for the T20 this year. We're going to need more balls.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I don't know how it's going to work really. We've got those two on T20 deals and van der Merwe on a contract for the second half of the season. So 2 of those 3 really. I remember Pollard missed some games at the start of last season's T20 though, so perhaps van der Merwe is just going to play those.

It's nice to be a County turning a profit though. :D

lancashire666

International Coach
Pollard isn't playing domestic cricket in England next season, he will be in The Windies team touring here instead, hence the signing if Gayle, not a bad replacement really.

Just pathetic that the Windies will be touring, gaylle will be playing cricket here at the same time, but he won't be playing for the Windies.

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well, news sources are saying that he'll be playing for West Indies in England, but the last time I checked, that was only at the end of June, so I don't see why that rules him out of games from July onwards.

----------

West Indies Schedule

It's either lazy journalism or not the real reason.

It's strange if he's not playing this summer, considering he missed so many games at the start of last summer and we still had him in for the last few.

Last edited:

lancashire666

International Coach
Ok, thanks. I'm going to England/Scotland in the middle of the year, and I want to watch some cricket over there. The England - Australia ODIs are all over ?100, so I think I might try and catch one or two of the domestic T20 matches.

That's a pretty big difference to what we experience here in New Zealand. For ODIs you can normally get the cheap seats for like $20, and our domestic T20 matches are also $20.

The England/Australia ODI at Old Trafford is ?45, not too bad compared to some other grounds. However any games at Old Trafford does mean you have to sit there at look at The Point, the ugliest stand in cricket.

lancashire666

International Coach
I read this a while back but forgot to post it

Its Skys coverage schedule of domestic cricket this season.

plenty of one day and T20 games, only 2 county championship games which is disappointing, but i wasnt expecting more. At least Lancashire are playing in the first one :p

Users who are viewing this thread