English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Added a poll. In case anyone is trying to figure out the order it was the order I remembered them all in. I still forgot Northants...

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
"Centuries scored in the Clydesdale Bank 40 (40-over format), Friends Life t20 (20-over format) and the County Championship, all qualify as well as Test Matches, One-Day Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals played in England. "

As I said. Only county games are taken into consideration not all first class matches.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Meh, blame Cricinfo for that then. The other point still stands.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Nice for Somerset to start with a win in the Championship, rather than the usual thumping from the last couple of years. Dockrell stepping out of Murali Kartik's shadow superbly and Philander showing just how good he is. Nice to see almost all the batsmen contributing in one innings or the other too.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Woakes out for Warwickshire. That's a massive blow. The innocuous way that he got injured must piss them off so much, he got his studs caught in turf. They're hoping he doesn't need surgery but the main thing is he'll miss a third of the County Championship season and it'll deal a major blow to his hopes of being picked for England's Test Squad. Unlucky.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
So who's everyone's pick for the Title/Drop this year then in the County Championship?

Div 1 Champions: Nottinghamshire
Div 1 relegation: Sussex, Worcestershire

Div 2 Champions: Yorkshire
Div 2 runners-up: Hampshire (Carberry is far too good for that division, I expect him to rack up the runs this season)
Div 2 wooden spoon: Leicestershire.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If Yorkshire perform anywhere near the level of the players they have they'll win division 2.
As for division 1 I reckon Somerset are a good bet and obviously Lancs will be strong again. My worry with Somerset is always can they can get enough results at Taunton. Philander will definitely help.

I can see both Surrey and Middx struggling despite strong bowling attacks. We're still way too reliant on the old guard for batting. Big match starting at Lord's tomorrow. Once Malinga gets his clearance he'll be a real asset to Middx in the limited overs matches.

Sureshot

Executive member
Nice start against Lancs today, James Anyon picking up 5. Going to be a tough season for all concerned this, Notts struggling quite a bit with the bat so far, though early and cold April conditions play a factor there.

I think our bowling will do okay this year, it's the batting that's the key. On paper it's good, Nash and Joyce are a good opening pair and a middle order of Goodwin, Yardy and Wells are more than capable of getting runs, but the former isn't the player he used to be, Yards has well reported issues and Wells is very young.

Staying in the league is the target.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Somerset's bowlers seem to be keeping them in games at the moment. Thank god for Compton though, he seems like the only guy who's willing to graft with the bat. We need a huge day from him and the local two in next, try to set them 200-250 and hope. I know it's the season for low scores and all, but it seems unreal at the moment.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
^^^
A well timed run of form for Compton - with Strauss struggling for form, he might be next in line.

lancashire666

International Coach
The Middlesex/Surrey game looked a good one, Middlesex getting the final wicket with 3 runs to spare, Surrey should have a look at the 32 extras they gave away in the first innings, more than the other 3 innings put together, and 12 no balls in an innings is very poor

Lanc's looking excatly how I was expecting, not enough in the batting, Cross is a good keeper, but he isnt good enough to be batting at 7, especially when Chapple is at 8 who is a far better batsman then him.
At least we managed to avoid loosing by an innings :p

Users who are viewing this thread