English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think he knows himself that test cricket is too far for him. I think it's probably for the best he just concentrates on being the best limited overs player he can be. A man who averages 36 in First Class cricket and has no technique was never going to be a test middle order batsman. As much as I hoped it would work :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Good thing Warwickshire aren't 200-2 with a century for Trott.

Oh, wait a minute... Is Bell slowly but surely confirming that he is the epitome of a flat-track bully? He does seem to struggle to score the moment he's either facing a quality bowling attack or in difficult conditions?

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Awesome response so far

Lancs have started this season fairly abjectly ? two home defeats against Sussex and Warks. In the 2nd game Lancs looked on top until a ridiculous stand of about 250 odd for the 8th or 9th wicket. Batting is still the main problem. That said, a new round of matches has started today and Lancs are back at Taunton where they won the title last summer, and are currently in decent shape at 358-4.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Nick Compton has just been immense this season. Good timing, seeing how there's an opening in the batting department for South Africa A England.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Horrible, horrible few weeks for Somerset. We just have nobody left really, in terms of bowlers. Overton, Meschede and Gregory are all guys who will bat more than they bowl in their careers, which leaves Trego and Philander. Injuries are ruining us at the moment. Surprised we didn't pick the other Overton really, as he seems to be the better bowler of the two.

----------

Oh and surprised to see a few people mentioning Compton for England too, If Hildreth can average plenty for a few years and not get noticed, I doubt Compton will after doing it for just a month. Not gonna happen and rightly so, to be honest.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Indeed, I instantly thought of Hildreth when they mentioned Compton.

Although Compton has family history :p

Sureshot

Executive member
2 4-day games abandoned without a ball being bowled, New Road in danger of flooding, all matches in the last round were drawn, all being heavily affected by the rain. Most of the country is at risk from flooding and most of the country still has a hosepipe ban...

Not sure the WIndies guys are going to like this weather.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Shahzad leaving Yorkshire seems to be a strange one. Perhaps more behind it that it seems at this moment in time. I'd take him in a heartbeat at Somerset though. Say what you want, he's obviously got talent and still has time to grow.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'd avoid Somerset if I was a bowler at the moment. place is cursed haha

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
You can tell how Injury ravaged we are, when you look on the website at the Second XI team and realise that each player has a sentence after their name telling us who they are, that's how low we are on bowlers.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Another Lancy batting masterclass yesterday. Went from 131/4 to 146 all out, Andre Adams with 7 for 32.

Going to get relegated if they don't sort the batting out.

Users who are viewing this thread