English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The Swann, Broad, Anderson battle has been a bit hyped but in the end Broad and Anderson got ducks and Swann scored only 5.
Swanny did bowl Jimmy first ball though.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which if the Ashes video diaries were anything to go by, means Jimmy will not be hearing the end of that for a while :p

Bound to happen though (he's a leftie ;) )

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
This is what I like about watching County Cricket and Somerset in particular. I mean yes, our side has been taken apart by injuries, but that just means I get to watch some genuinely exciting prospects, from the local area and see how they get on in the big time. Ideal.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
so lancs seem to be doing that win the league then get relegated next season thing that has looked so much fun the last years.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not keen on the new sky "info bar"

harrisb

International Coach
"info bar" you mean the ticker along the bottom occasionally, or the new scoreboard graphics. If its the latter, I disagree, although it could be quite bright/glory on some hd screens. In SD it doesn't look too bad, and looks slightly more polished than last season IMO.

In terms of the match, I didn't see what RHB ended up on, but the bits of his innings I did see looked very good, surely if he and Compton (who played well until he had to start being more aggressive) will be pushing for England call-ups if they continue the good early season form they seem to be in.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
In terms of the match, I didn't see what RHB ended up on, but the bits of his innings I did see looked very good, surely if he and Compton (who played well until he had to start being more aggressive) will be pushing for England call-ups if they continue the good early season form they seem to be in.

RHB was plumb on about 20 or so, got put down as well, which probably won't happen in Internationals. I think his brand of batting works in County Cricket where he can just go out and swing and if it works it works, if not it doesn't matter too much. I think in International cricket and especially on juicy pitches, he'd get found out though.

Davies on the other hand, he would be worth a look as a ODI opener.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
info bar" you mean the ticker along the bottom occasionally, or the new scoreboard graphics. If its the latter, I disagree, although it could be quite bright/glory on some hd screens. In SD it doesn't look too bad, and looks slightly more polished than last season IMO.

It's a bit too overstated now. It feels like change for change's sake. A shame.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well, despite what has happened so far this season for Somerset, I can't believe I'm typing this, but we've actually reached a new low. Compton being with the Lions, Buttler splitting his hand and another bowling injury (Shocker huh?) means that we've picked the only 11 players that we have essentially, for our Championship game. The two spinners in May strategy is the only one we have. It's become so bad that our 12th man for the game is our second XI coach. :facepalm

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Surely Somerset have some academy or second XI players they could draft in?

Users who are viewing this thread