English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
The ban wasn't enforced by the ECB, otherwise Bond, Wavell Hinds and others wouldn't be playing in England. iirc, only 3 counties don't have an ICL player.

Well, thats not entirely true. The ban was enforced for over a month into the season. Sadly for Bond it wasn't tested in court though, the ECB just decided they would lose so gave in. If it had gone to court in England Bond would have had a precident and had a good case against CNZ. He'll probably have to wait until the English T20 is finished, because I'd be fairly sure we will be seeing a court case in time for the "Champions" League if its not all sorted out by then.

On a different note; SS, how do you feel about all these Sussex Kolpakers? :p

I'm warming to them more. Goodwin is probably qualified for England now, isn't he? It's not ideal, but I know why they are there.

Sky cameras on the Sussex v Lancs game tomorrow to hopefully see our Freddie bowling again. Boy do we need that big old beast of a man back. Come on Fredward!

Will be interested to see how Saj Mahmood bowls too, after his good performance in the Twenty20 Cup.

3 of those were wickets of Tail Enders though, but they all count, he's bowled really well this year, has to be in contention for a place in the Test side if he keeps going.

His 5fer against Derby consisted of purely Top and Middle order batsman. Let's be honest, he has such a high grasp of both swing and reverse swing that he is capable of taking wickets with old or new ball against batsmen anywhere in the order. He's a definite recall if he continues to not sure any fitness problems and continues to bowl as well as he can.

Gary Keedy:D. This is good stuff from Lancs, we should put on a big total from here, which will be very useful with Sussex only getting 250 odd. Still waiting for Flintoff's duck in a bit, but it'd be nice if he could get a few runs.

No wickets for Tom Smith on loan at Leicestershire so far:(.

That would be because the standard of div 2 is far higher than div 1 :p Twenty20 has ruined our season, we'd only lost 2 games before it started. Maybe we cn still push for promotion if we get this game out of the way.

I really want to get down to Hove for this, but I am so red from spending yesterday at Brands, I daren't spend any time outside in the sun. If I'm better on Wednesday I'll go down.

Big partnership broken and as ever, the next wicket falls soon after. Ollie Rayner is getting ever more impressive. Very good cricketer, wouldn't surprise me to see him in an England shirt in 2/3 years time. Mushy doesn't look right though, could well be his last season, depending on how long his contract is anyway. Not sure on that. Very low pitch though.

Flintoff gone for 6, b Rayner c Sub (Adkin)

Trying to go big, straight down mid-wickets throat.

Freddie keeps struggling with the bat. Although his bowling is more important to England and Lancashire, its a shame to see his batting ability basically going down the drain after the Ashes in 2005.

I really like the look of Jason Lewry, seems like a very good bowler.

He's a reliable county bowler, Manee. No chance of playing for England now, though.

Users who are viewing this thread