English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Going tomorrow Adam?

In all probability I will be in London somewhere tomorrow so if I can finish in time and it's not tipping it down I may well be there to see the new floodlights in action. Oh and the final re-match too ;)

Edit:

Just found out Stevo and Macca are back for Kent. Really must work out a way to get to Lord's!!!

Last edited:
Was at Old Trafford for the Roses game today and allow me to say that Steven Croft took the greatest catch I have ever seen in all my life. No exaggeration or hyperbole about it, it was a truly phenomonal catch.

Was at Old Trafford for the Roses game today and allow me to say that Steven Croft took the greatest catch I have ever seen in all my life. No exaggeration or hyperbole about it, it was a truly phenomonal catch.

Yo Mate I will have to Disagree With You There....The Best Was Taken by Ricky Ponting...Don;t Know Against Who...but It Was Classic

Yo Mate I will have to Disagree With You There....The Best Was Taken by Ricky Ponting...Don;t Know Against Who...but It Was Classic
fk me you have me convinced. I remember that match well!!!

Twat

But them we know that is what you are going for, I might just add you to my ignore filter. Congratulations you are now officially pointless, now fk off!

Going tomorrow Adam?

In all probability I will be in London somewhere tomorrow so if I can finish in time and it's not tipping it down I may well be there to see the new floodlights in action. Oh and the final re-match too ;)

Edit:

Just found out Stevo and Macca are back for Kent. Really must work out a way to get to Lord's!!!
Yeah, going, Shah and Morgan are back for us as well.

Just seen that Croft catch on SSN, and it was fantastic, one of the best catches I've seen for sure!

And that footage doesn't even do it justice. One of this things where you had to be there to appreciate it's brilliance. Absolutely awesome.

Damn it, Damn it, Damn it.

Obviously didn't go to Lord's (Didnt quite finish early enough to have got there in time). Been listening on the radio to it though. Kent just finished their innings, 191-3. Key out for a duck and generally a pretty pedestrian start but Jarre anchored the innings with 75 off 53 and Darren Stevens blasted his way to 59 off 26. Here's hoping we take full advantage of batting first and don't give up such a big score by bowling like lemon tarts.

Obviously didn't go to Lord's (Didnt quite finish early enough to have got there in time). Been listening on the radio to it though. Kent just finished their innings, 191-3. Key out for a duck and generally a pretty pedestrian start but Jarre anchored the innings with 75 off 53 and Darren Stevens blasted his way to 59 off 26. Here's hoping we take full advantage of batting first and don't give up such a big score by bowling like lemon tarts.

I'm in London right now and just got back from this match. Was a good one and the new floodlights look great! Jars was the best out of the bunch considering Stevens was dropped twice IIRC, but enjoyed watching their partnership. Will post pictures here in a bit. Oh and Azhar is a gun.

Craig Kieswetter's awesome. He's the new Jimmy Anderson in terms of absolute legendess.

Unlucky mate, the floodlights look great. Middlesex don't look capable of chasing a 140+ score.

I'm in London right now and just got back from this match. Was a good one and the new floodlights look great! Jars was the best out of the bunch considering Stevens was dropped twice IIRC, but enjoyed watching their partnership. Will post pictures here in a bit. Oh and Azhar is a gun.
You're in London! What are you doing checking up on the forum then! Get your arse out and see the sights!

Indeed Stevo was dropped twice 10 and 30 odd I think. I expect Jarre to be the best of the bunch he is quite simply in a class of his own when it comes to Kent's batting quality.

Different bowling tactics from Keyse, seemed to have worked. I was beginning to wonder if it was maybe 1 season too many for Azhar this year, but hopefully he can continue in this form. I take it he mixed it up a bit, never seen a bowler so willing to try so many types of deliveries, I'd hate to face him, you never know whats coming!

What is it with the Lancs and stunning catches? Another one today to catch out Voges. Saw it on SSN. Caught on the boundary, lobbed it up in the air as he was going over and then caught when he was back in play :o....Top catch!

You're in London! What are you doing checking up on the forum then! Get your arse out and see the sights!

Indeed Stevo was dropped twice 10 and 30 odd I think. I expect Jarre to be the best of the bunch he is quite simply in a class of his own when it comes to Kent's batting quality.

Different bowling tactics from Keyse, seemed to have worked. I was beginning to wonder if it was maybe 1 season too many for Azhar this year, but hopefully he can continue in this form. I take it he mixed it up a bit, never seen a bowler so willing to try so many types of deliveries, I'd hate to face him, you never know whats coming!

Haha, yeah been seeing the sights all week and leaving for Glasgow (where my cousin resides) in the morn. Jaars was the best batsman out of both teams I thought. I really like the look of this Kent team, they bat so deep. I was supporting them throughout, mostly because I can't take a team that wears pink seriously (unless its the Windies of the 80s).

Azhar only bowled one over outside the lower order IIRC, but almost always seemed in control. He switched ends for Tredwell which is why there was a gap between his overs, but by the time he came back on Middlesex had already lost. He was mixing it up and was inches away from a hat trick. His bowling is made for this format IMO.

Oh and posting some pics. The one with the ball hitting the pad was one of Azhar's wickets.

Attachments

• IMG_6578.jpg
    IMG_6578.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6579.jpg
    IMG_6579.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6585.jpg
    IMG_6585.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg