English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Doesn't matter what you use, we will kick your arse! Nash got a 50 odd last night, I didn't see a single ball of last nights match. Milking the tills ftl /o\

Doesn't matter what you use, we will kick your arse!
Wasn't really concerned about which team would do better (We did beat the Panthers comfortably) it was more down to the quality of the wicket, seems it had some unpredictable bounce. Middlesex only managed 5 fours and 1 six in their 20 overs and Kent 8 fours and a six. I know T20 isn't all about smashing it to the boundary but I'd hope for a higher scoring match than 104-6 and 107-6.

After mine and Joe's 'Broad vs Mahmood' debates a couple of years back, I love to see Mahmood take a wicket against Leicestershire.;) I do have to admit I was wrong on the overall debate though.:(

On a more general note for Lancs, we look really strong this year, won 2 out of 3 Championship games, through to the semis of the FPT and we've started off brightly in the Twenty20 too! I'm waiting for the mid-season rain to come along and ruin our season again though.:rolleyes:

A freak fielding injury left Sussex batsman Chris Nash nursing a suspected broken leg. Chasing a modest target of 133 at an asking rate of 6.65 per over, Kent cantered to their third successive Southern Group qualifying win with three overs to spare to inflict a third defeat on the Sharks.

Yet home joy was diminished by Nash's injury that led to a 15-minute hold-up in play while the 26-year-old was taken to hospital by ambulance.

In trying to take a catch in the deep off Kent's match-winner Geraint Jones, Nash clashed with team-mate Dwayne Smith as the duo converged on the ball at long leg.

Smith caught the ball and, seeing the boundary ropes and the flying Nash out the corner of his eye, tossed the ball up hoping to catch it again, but the two fielders then collided and Nash came off the worse.

Eeek, that sounds nasty. Feel bad for the guy, hope he makes a quick recovery!

Is there any other Notts fans around? I feel a bit lonely. After that performance against Durham today I find it hard to look at the fact it was a loss. It was our best performance in T20 without the England players, and yet we couldn't string partnerships together. Gotta admit, Ealham and Adams was a fun period of the game, but Mick Newell constantly says our bowling attack is sublime yet we only take 4 wickets. Darn that traitorous Will Smith, aha.

Speaking of Will Smith, a few of you are talking about that Croft catch as if it's never happened before. Rewind a few years to the T20 finals day, when Will Smith took a sublime diving catch rather similar, in his Notts days. As for the boundary one, Voges did it for Australia and I'm pretty sure Mark Wagh or another Notts batsman did it a few years back. Still glad to see innovation is not only a batting perk, after these catches and of course the 'slower ball bouncer'.

AN Cook c Joseph b McLaren 77 runs 55 balls 9 fours 2 sixes 140.00 strike rate

:eek:

Allenby in good form, 71* against Lancs, century today, quality twenty20 player. Massive total at Grace Road from us. Need to win all our remaining games really but the grey skies don't make it look too likely although it's been like that all day. Enough to put me off, best game of the season for us really as well.

Phil whilst you're here have you been watching much of Lancs this year? I've been more interested in Lancs than England so far this year ever since we brought Peter Moores in. I knew we'd play well with him at the helm because we needed a fresh new approach to the game after Watkinson and Moores himself has a point to prove. Got my ticket for the FP semi-final and even though I love him to absolute pieces, Corky's still gonna get some stick. :D

Phil whilst you're here have you been watching much of Lancs this year? I've been more interested in Lancs than England so far this year ever since we brought Peter Moores in. I knew we'd play well with him at the helm because we needed a fresh new approach to the game after Watkinson and Moores himself has a point to prove. Got my ticket for the FP semi-final and even though I love him to absolute pieces, Corky's still gonna get some stick. :D
I've been keeping a key eye on the results through cricinfo and the website etc, but I haven't been able to get to any games yet due to United and unfortunately, exams:(. Was gonna go to the quarter final but that was a non-starter after getting up 10 minutes before it started.:p Definitely going to go to the semi-final though and with the football season over and holidays here I should be able to get to a few games.:)

As for the team, we really do look strong this year, as you say refreshed, after that day at the Oval a couple of years ago, we looked a bit stale last year. Couldn't have really done much better so far this year, just hope we can carry it on through the summer (with some good weather for a change too;)). As for Cork, yeah he'll get some stick and he's sure to give some back too.:D

Gave it a good effort against Yorks due to their bold declaration. Tons from Joyce (1st) and Yards (2nd). Got Worcs next. Then Zummerzet on Tues at Hove.

Seems weird that after such a long break from the Championship, the matches are now coming thick and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread