English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
wow, 620 declared. Chawla hit 100 from 80 balls including 6 sixes, then he got 2 Worcs wickets. Should be a nice big win tomorrow.

Truly top stuff from Piyush, he seems to be a top performer outside India with bat and ball but seems to play averagely within India, which is a shame.

Great to see Onions average drop below 30. He deserves it with the season he is having, 31 @ 12. Hopefully he can keep it under.

That was a quickfire ton hit by Cosgrove. He seems to be going well in the opening position as well, makes him even more valuable when it comes to picking our next batter to replace the aging guys.

Worcestershire appear to be heading back to Division 2 with Jones and Kabir Ali still injured.

Plus Surrey want to sign Steven Davies. Hopefully he stays with us as he's one of the few Worcester to be born in Worcester, plus he's one of our best cricketer, if not the best.

Aye, another new Injury story for SPJ on BBC this week, the guy is falling apart, I hope he has a backup career!

Currently enjoying a few days off to watch Kent play Essex at Tunbridge Wells, and by enjoying I mean enduring.

Yeah, Jones has gone for the season as well now, and with no contract at the end of the season who's gonna offer him one having not played a proper stint for a long time! Will be such a shame to see him go, he was such a great player but now all these injuries have stopped him from being as good as he could have been. Such a shame!

Aye, another new Injury story for SPJ on BBC this week, the guy is falling apart, I hope he has a backup career!

Currently enjoying a few days off to watch Kent play Essex at Tunbridge Wells, and by enjoying I mean enduring.

I literally winced. 123 all out!

We need 180 on the last day with 6 wickets left. Chawla took 6-52 today and was awesome. Nash is on 111* atm.

Surrey and Sussex should play with 1 having to change their name. The winner gets to choose the other counties new name.

T20 resumes for Notts tomorrow :D
4 games in a week, and as always I'm going to all of them as they're at home :)
I'll be taking pictures if anyone is interested in having a gander, tomorrow is Notts v Yorks and Notts need to win all 4 games to have a chance of securing a place in the top divison of P20 next season.

On the subject of P20, I only found out today that more overseas players will be allowed and I found this quite interesting. Hopefully it will increase the interest shown in English Domestic Cricket, and maybe we'll get some of the bigger names. Personally I'd like to see good ole AB De Villiers at Trent Bridge ;)

T20 resumes for Notts tomorrow :D
4 games in a week, and as always I'm going to all of them as they're at home :)
I'll be taking pictures if anyone is interested in having a gander, tomorrow is Notts v Yorks and Notts need to win all 4 games to have a chance of securing a place in the top divison of P20 next season.

On the subject of P20, I only found out today that more overseas players will be allowed and I found this quite interesting. Hopefully it will increase the interest shown in English Domestic Cricket, and maybe we'll get some of the bigger names. Personally I'd like to see good ole AB De Villiers at Trent Bridge ;)
Post up a few piccies, I for one would like a gander.

I was talking to a fellow Kent member just last week about the extra overseas players allowed. I'm not entirely sure how this will be funded. I'm sure the test counties will be able to afford it, but I doubt many of the others will. We don't even have 1 overseas player at Kent currently! (Although Parnell will be returning later in the season (visa allowing!)). My main worry is getting quality overseas players signed up, I suspect counties will turn out players who were affordable/available rather than real top quality and what's the point of that. Hopefully there will be a cash injection otherwise it'll just be the T20 cup v2.0, but I don't know where this money is going to come from.

I must warn you, the pictures won't be the most interesting in the world. I'll try my hardest though :)
The thing about P20 is that it's split into 2 divisions. Mick Newell, Director of Cricket at Notts, reckons that their is gonna be loads more TV coverage for Division One of P20, so maybe that will be where the cash comes from?

Leicester beat Lancs and end their run. Allenby continues his ridiculously good form. O'Brien gets the top 4 out and picks up his 5fer. Sidebottom is helping us out as well. Looks good after a poor start.

Piyush Chawla has picked 19 wickets from 2 games so far (5, 6, 2, 6 wickets respectively). And he also has a century (surprising to see him get a century although he has been considered to be a decent bat).

Hope this is the badly needed turnaround for him. He was earmarked as India's next sensation in the spin department but hasnt set the stage on fire for India. Maybe he deserved to struggle to cement his spot. Hope this helps him in a big way.

Users who are viewing this thread