English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
1 down, 3 to go for Notts. Good performance last night against Yorkshire, with Brown hitting 66 from 32 and Wood got 45 from 35 in his second appearance of the season. Sidebottom looked good in his last 2 overs, ensuring our 11 run victory.

As promised, I have a few pictures. I'm not gonna post them all (seeing as I took about 35) but I'll let you have a peek at a few of my best :)

The first one is Michael Vaughan practising (right in front of me :D) before the game. The second is David 'Bumble' Lloyd before the toss, the third is the floodlights in action. The fourth is a blurry shot of Jeffersons stump being broken by Shahzad, and the final one is the infamous hover-cover being taken off the pitch after the drop of rain during the interval.

Fingers crossed the attachments load.

Attachments

• SL270540.JPG
    SL270540.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 38
  • SL270541.JPG
    SL270541.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 51
  • SL270568.JPG
    SL270568.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SL270570.JPG
    SL270570.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 37
  • SL270573.JPG
    SL270573.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 36
Is it just me or does Bumble look really angry? ;)

On a different subject. Sussex are asking spectators to take torches to all their remaining floodlight games.

Notts are still on course to snatch third place after a dominating victory against Leicestershire. :D Restricted them to 123/7, thanks to 3-16 from Sidebottom and 2-20 from Patel. We then went on to chase it down within 14.3 overs for the loss of one wicket.
And tomorrow we host Derbyshire, with David Hussey in our squad :D I think Sidebottom goes back to the England squad now though :\

Alastair Cook made his maiden T20 century today, in 57 balls against Surrey. Seems he could have a T20 future after all, had a decent season so far in T20 for Essex. 4 Sixes for Cooky as well, don't see that often. Nel, Jordan, Elliot and Schofield's not a bad T20 attack either, nice work Ali!

I saw Cook earlier in the T20 campaign and he looked really good in T20 mode. But then what do the selectors know? They picked the England squad based mainly on last years performances. Personally I think he can do a decent job for England, would love to see him opening with Joe Denly in limited overs.

Flintoff's bludgeoning Derbyshire at the moment some strong hitting from him whilst Laxman has been alot more orthodox playing classy shots.

I'd say he'd be best off having another couple of years of OD cricket for Essex before he's considered. There are still better players than him that could open. Bopara, Trott, Kieswetter, Davies and Denly are all more deserving of an OD place than Cook atm. If he continues his form then he could definitely be considered.

Didn't say they were good Manee ;) Just that it's not a particularly 'bad' attack. Schofield's a very good T20 bowler, Nel's bowled well this season from what I've seen (although I'm not sure of his T20 form this season), and Elliott's not too bad, handy medium pacer. Jordan however does has a woeful T20 record. Averages 173 with the ball in T20 cricket :laugh 1 wicket at 173.00 at an economy of 9.10 from 7 innings of bowling.

Nice to see 'our Fred getting a few runs as well. Should actually be rejoining England with some batting form :O

I saw Cook earlier in the T20 campaign and he looked really good in T20 mode. But then what do the selectors know? They picked the England squad based mainly on last years performances. Personally I think he can do a decent job for England, would love to see him opening with Joe Denly in limited overs.

See this annoys me, no-one ever gives him a chance because he bats slow in tests. Let him play in OD cricket and show how good he is, not just base it on tests.

Fred is looking in good nick.

We need to win our last 2 games against Yorks and Durham. Not easy and last night should have been a banker but Sidebum turned it on. Oh well still possible, third is also an important one this year too.

See this annoys me, no-one ever gives him a chance because he bats slow in tests. Let him play in OD cricket and show how good he is, not just base it on tests.

We did, and he was pretty poor. Scored a hundred, but generally batted way to slow, with an overall strike rate only 22 runs per 100 balls more than he scores in Test cricket. Striking at 68 in ODi's is just not good enough anymore. He needs to show genuine consistency in Domestic cricket before he's considered. There are blokes around the counties that have performed far better over a longer period of time than Ali. I like the guy and would love to see him playing all forms, but there are plenty of guys better than him atm. I'd take another Ali ahead of Cooky in T20 cricket, that being Ali Brown. He'd have been quality for us in the T20 WC.

We did, and he was pretty poor. Scored a hundred, but generally batted way to slow, with an overall strike rate only 22 runs per 100 balls more than he scores in Test cricket. Striking at 68 in ODi's is just not good enough anymore. He needs to show genuine consistency in Domestic cricket before he's considered. There are blokes around the counties that have performed far better over a longer period of time than Ali. I like the guy and would love to see him playing all forms, but there are plenty of guys better than him atm. I'd take another Ali ahead of Cooky in T20 cricket, that being Ali Brown. He'd have been quality for us in the T20 WC.

I said OD cricket not ODI cricket ;)

Fair enough :p Need to invest in some reading glasses I think!

Fred's batting a gem of an innings here. This is what we need Fred doing against the Aussies. Just smacking everything for a boundary. Would love to see him doing this to Johnson in a couple of weeks.

I agree. But look at what England did to Keyse. A few years back he had a reputation as a pretty poor one day batsman. But over the last few years he has really built a reputation as a decent one day batsman (leaving aside most of this season!) and a decent captain to boot. But what do England do? Stick him in at 6 (Probably never played at 6 before in his entire career, I certainly don't recall it happening), give him 10 or so balls to face and then basically blame him for the defeat to Holland. Honestly I think all the selectors need to go. They are just way behind the times, its not Imperial England whipping all our colonies any more and hasn't been for years, but somehow they still think that is the case.

Yup couple of big scores in the past 2 games.

Fred really could have been the difference in the twenty20.

Rather he was fit though.

Users who are viewing this thread