English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Well that was a waste of a trip to Old Trafford. What a shocking performance.
Ditto. Only positives were the way we halted them back after their start and the half decent partnership between Loye and Laxman. Apart from that, it was pretty woeful. I can understand the nudge and nurdling in the attempt for 1's when the required run rate is at about 5 or something in the middle overs, but when it's when it's at 7 (ie in the Sutton/Croft partnership) that it's so frustrating. Forward defensives to try and sneak the odd run, and that just slowed us down even more.

We batted well yesterday, Joyce played a fantastic knock for 146. I felt we got lucky in the field, our discipline was poor, though Yards and Yas seemed to bowl well.

Went with Kev, free tickets, free beer:banana2

Trott is just too damn good. 166 and takes a catch in his pocket.

Leicestershire v Essex at Leicester, Sep 20-23, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Just seen this scorecard from 06. What a finish to the game. Nixon and Robinson bowl 9.4 overs for 194 with Pettini smacking 114 from 29 balls to set up an Essex declaration on the final day leading to Leicestershire chasing down the 310 with 5 wickets to spare. Awesome stuff, bet Robinson's medium-fast bowling is brilliant. He was only going at 25.07 an over. Nice figures from Nixon going at just 13.80, he must have bowled to Cook alot.

Looks like Harmison is pressing his case to be included in the 2nd test team. 5/60 so far.

Leicestershire v Essex at Leicester, Sep 20-23, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Just seen this scorecard from 06. What a finish to the game. Nixon and Robinson bowl 9.4 overs for 194 with Pettini smacking 114 from 29 balls to set up an Essex declaration on the final day leading to Leicestershire chasing down the 310 with 5 wickets to spare. Awesome stuff, bet Robinson's medium-fast bowling is brilliant. He was only going at 25.07 an over. Nice figures from Nixon going at just 13.80, he must have bowled to Cook alot.

For any confused soul;
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Counties | Essex lose to miss promotion spot

Michael Carberry and Jimmy Adams experienced an extemely long stay at the crease against Somerset. :O
180ufo.png

Hants 58/1 (29.0 ov, MA Carberry 25*, MJ Lumb 1*, AR Caddick 1/12) | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Spent the last two days surrounded by other Kent fans at The Oval (Seriously, do Surrey have any supporters at all left?)

Fair bit of noise coming from behind me in the pavilion at around 6:30ish for some reason :p

The game seems to be heading for a draw but really glad I saw Kent post 4 centuries in their first innings, the first time it has ever been done against Surrey.

Denly runout 123
Key runout 123
van Jaarsveld lbw 110
Kemp not out 121

Last edited:
James Franklin took a hattrick and scored a hundred in the same game. Well done to him. It's a shame his side still got caned. I guess the rest of them didn't do much lol. I'd say that must be an extremely rare occurrence.

Gloucestershire v Derbyshire at Cheltenham, Jul 12-15, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Just another reason why he should be in the side ahead of Oram and Elliot.

Anyway Gloucestershire have been looking decent this season I hope they get promoted.

He really hasn't done that much with the bat over there has he?

His bowling has been pretty good though.

33 with the Bat and 28 with the ball, not to bad. He had a better 50 over season 44 @ 82 with the bat and 21 with the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread