English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
HAHA! I remember the days when good ol' Rikki Clarke used to be in the England side :p, he used to be my idol! Then he slipped away...

Well done to that man.

Semi final on Sunday! Looking forward to giving Corky a good ribbing from the boundary. I love that man to pieces. :D

Peter Trego you absolute beauty! He's just smashed 103 from 54 balls (6 fours and 9 sixes) to help us chase down 476 in our final innings. Stunning performance and it seems our Championship season is turning around.

Peter Trego you absolute beauty! He's just smashed 103 from 54 balls (6 fours and 9 sixes) to help us chase down 476 in our final innings. Stunning performance and it seems our Championship season is turning around.

Was there yday (&Wed) prob the best run chase I have ever seen, almost like T20 in 85 overs, stunning stuff. Do worry a bit about our bowling attack but batting wise we are on Fire

There is always talk about cutting the number of matches, not sure if it'll ever come to anything though.

I would think it's a difficult thing to sort out correctly, and I certainly would hope that they just don't make a knee-jerk change without properly consulting people.

The main problem would be that there are 18 first class counties and splitting that up evenly in any way other than they currently have it is going to be tricky, especially if they want a meaningful championship. You really need to play a side both home and away for a league system to work. I also think that the counties wouldn't be too happy about taking too many games away. Firstly there are the members to think of, how many will stop renewing their membership if the number of championship games are cut? Afterall county members generally prefer watching championship cricket to one day cricket. They risk alienating a massive proportion of their fanbase if they play around with it too much.

If they want to cut the number of days played they could start by having only 1 Twenty20 competition instead of two! But they'll never do that as it brings in a lot of people who only go to one match a year and the clubs make big money from it.

Was there yday (&Wed) prob the best run chase I have ever seen, almost like T20 in 85 overs, stunning stuff. Do worry a bit about our bowling attack but batting wise we are on Fire

Nice one. Do you mind me asking where abouts in Somerset you live? Used to live in North Somerset until we moved up to Nottingham 7 years ago.

Our batting was always going to be great this season, although early on we were very poor in the 4 day format. We have the best two batsmen in my opinion with Tresco and Langer, the best young keeper-batsmen in Kieswetter and the best all-rounder (bar Flintoff) in Trego. Going to have to see players like Stiff, Turner and Phillips step up over the next few seasons if we want to win the County Championship. Really rate Alfonso Thomas, hopefully he'll be at Taunton for a while yet, which can't be said for Caddick and Willoughby who will be gone in the next few years. Both been fantastic for the club, but I do worry how we'll fare without them in the bowling department.

Maybe they should have 3 divisions instead of 2 if they want less cricket. Being honest, in the 4 day form, sides like Leicester, Northants and Glamorgan are a fair way off the better sides in division 2.

Nice one. Do you mind me asking where abouts in Somerset you live? Used to live in North Somerset until we moved up to Nottingham 7 years ago.

Our batting was always going to be great this season, although early on we were very poor in the 4 day format. We have the best two batsmen in my opinion with Tresco and Langer, the best young keeper-batsmen in Kieswetter and the best all-rounder (bar Flintoff) in Trego. Going to have to see players like Stiff, Turner and Phillips step up over the next few seasons if we want to win the County Championship. Really rate Alfonso Thomas, hopefully he'll be at Taunton for a while yet, which can't be said for Caddick and Willoughby who will be gone in the next few years. Both been fantastic for the club, but I do worry how we'll fare without them in the bowling department.

Hi,

I live in between Taunton & Bridgwater, just recently joined Kilve CC if u know where that is.

I was also really impressed with Hildreth 1st innings but u can see he is more suited for the Limited over version of the game.As u said our bowlers really have to step up to the mark if we intend to be contenders next season.

May have a sneaky bet on us Beating Lancs in the T20 QF though :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread