English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Notts ran riot at the Bridge. Restricted Derbs to 165 and then chased it down in 16 overs, sublime performance. Mark Ealham was the pick of our bowlers with 3-20, but Ali Brown took the plaudits smashing 65 from 42. It must also be noted David Hussey made his return with 1-25 and hit the winning run with a 6 :)

Kieswetter's quality. Get him into the England side as soon as he's eligible, in OD cricket anyway. Ali Brown, Jonathan Trott and Craig Kieswetter should all be in our T20 side.

Notts ran riot at the Bridge. Restricted Derbs to 165 and then chased it down in 16 overs, sublime performance. Mark Ealham was the pick of our bowlers with 3-20, but Ali Brown took the plaudits smashing 65 from 42. It must also be noted David Hussey made his return with 1-25 and hit the winning run with a 6 :)

Aye we helped you to a very generous amount of extras too.

Kieswetter's quality. Get him into the England side as soon as he's eligible, in OD cricket anyway. Ali Brown, Jonathan Trott and Craig Kieswetter should all be in our T20 side.

Agree with Keisy and Trott, but having Brown at Surrey for however many years, he is very hit and miss, and its generally more often and not miss.

I would happily marry Kieswetter. Been fighting his cause for a good while though. He'll be in the England side soon enough. Gotta love those saffies.

I'd really love to see Brown in the side, but the real question is whether the English selectors would budge. Ramprakash was sublime a few years ago but was constantly overlooked, probably due to his age, though no one can deny his or Brown's undoubted class. And Brown's been knocking on the door for quite a few years now, anyone remember his monstrous double centuries?

No! Don't take Brown from Notts, we've already lost Sidebottom, Broad and Swann :(
I genuinally don't think county form is that much to go by, in any case. Graeme Hick was one of the best county batsman of all time, yet struggled on the international scene. The two levels are very different.

Ali Brown? Wow, isn't he 38? Still, not many can claim 2 double hundreds in OD cricket and one of those in a 40 over comp, both batting at 3...

He is well past his prime though.

Just back fro Beckenham, where I watched Kent beat Surrey's youngsters comfortably to win the Southern Division of the T20 Group Stages.

Now to try and get a day off for the QF against Durham.

With all the group Matches done and dusted now, we can see the league lineup for P20 Division 1 as:

Lancs, Durham, Leics, Kent, Sussex, Hants, Northants, Warks, Somerset.

There's been talk of Michael Vaughan retiring on Sky Sports all day. He's going to have a press conference on Tuesday where it'll be likely that he'll confirm that. He's had a bad start to this season and is past his prime now, no chance of him getting back into the England squad.

There's been talk of Michael Vaughan retiring on Sky Sports all day. He's going to have a press conference on Tuesday where it'll be likely that he'll confirm that. He's had a bad start to this season and is past his prime now, no chance of him getting back into the England squad.
I created a thread about it earlier in the main cricket discussion forum.

Lancashire played really well today against Notts. Notts gave their all, got 173/7 and then Lancashire chased it down for the loss of 1 wicket with 2 overs to go. Stirling performance, Croft got man of the match with 83 runs and 2-26 with the ball. At the mo they could go all the way in this.

Watching the highlights of Essex-Hampshire atm, and I have to say, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen Michael Lumb play this season, and he looks really good. He was pretty highly rated a few years back, and played England A cricket iirc, but fell away at Yorks and moved to Hampshire, and finally seems to be cashing in on his talent. His overall stats are pretty poor, but this season he averages 38.45 in FC cricket with 1 hundred and a fifty, 45.28 in List A cricket with a hundred and 3 fifties and 46.22 in T20 cricket with a hundred and 3 fifties. Not sure he'd be an option in Test cricket yet, but in ODI's and T20's he could definitely be considered if he continues his form. He looks really good at the crease as well, has some classy shots. Looks a talent.

Users who are viewing this thread