English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I have to say wright is performing really well with both bat and ball he should be in england team surelly for sometime now.:)

Well, Worcestershire are in further strife. Stephen Moore will be leaving at the end of the season along with Batty, Simon Jones, and most likely, Davies too.

Mendis to play for Hampshire in 2010.

Thats a pretty big signing, will probably be the first sighting for the boys of Mendis spin so will be pretty interesting to see how he does in the English conditions. The Rose Bowl seems to be a bit of a spinners heaven or Hell if your playing them. They had Warne for years, then Tahir burst on and spun it to the sea and caused all sorts of trouble and back and now they've got Mendis! They obviously like spinners!

You need a match winning spinner. I wonder who will snap up Tahir, he's a decent bowler.

Is anyone else sad that the Pro 40 will no longer be with us soon? I think I enjoy it more than 50 overs as it gets rid of the boring middle overs.

You need a match winning spinner. I wonder who will snap up Tahir, he's a decent bowler.

I feel sad for Tahir to be honest, but if Mendis is available, why not?

Tahir would do well on any pitch in the country it seems, he can put pressure on and is probably the star over-sea player we've had since apart from Warne. It also allows Dawson to bowl without added pressure on him, which will undoubtedly do him well in the future.

Good Pro40 match, shame Joyce didn't get his century, deserved that.

Happy Sussex didn't win, I don't know why but I have a deep disliking for Michael Yardy.

I feel sad for Tahir to be honest, but if Mendis is available, why not?

Tahir would do well on any pitch in the country it seems, he can put pressure on and is probably the star over-sea player we've had since apart from Warne. It also allows Dawson to bowl without added pressure on him, which will undoubtedly do him well in the future.

In the article, it states Tahir will be back in 2011, but apparently due to international commitments Tahir won't be available in 2010 which is why they have signed up Mendis.

Ahh, that's right. I read it earlier and forgot that it said international stuff.

I think if he breaks into the international scene (Who the hell will he play for, I thought South Africa, because of his Titans links, but surely its Pakistan?), I don't think he'll be the biggest worry on the International circuit but if you want a guy who can pick up a couple of wickets and just run through the overs all day, he's definitely good enough.

Simon, he's a South African player ;) Given the quality of SA spinners, he's pretty much a shoe in.

Themer - I think the counties will eventually demand P40 back. Like tonight, 4,000 in at Taunton. They get the crowds in. They produce good cricket. They produce good cricketers. It's a good format.

Simon, he's a South African player ;) Given the quality of SA spinners, he's pretty much a shoe in.

Themer - I think the counties will eventually demand P40 back. Like tonight, 4,000 in at Taunton. They get the crowds in. They produce good cricket. They produce good cricketers. It's a good format.

Thanks for the confirmation, wasn't sure. Paul Harris is an ok bowler, by no means is he top of the international pile!

P40 is a very good competition, and I think its what England need, a competition which forces the younger players to play with aggression, and a good level head.

Woah Murray Goodwin. Taunton's flat as a road, and he took full advantage of it. Ending 344 not out from 351 deliveries, including 43 fours and 6 sixes. Heck of an innings that, regardless of how flat the pitch is. Hildreth to make 2nd triple ton of his season? Stranger things have happened.

I wouldn't be suprised if we matched that score of Sussex's. Tresco, Kieswetter, Langer and Hildreth all to make centuries...

RSB > Ramprakash. :D Ramps out for 33 against Essex, Ravi's currently 108*. So his 2 innings since he returned to Essex have been an unbeaten and match-winning 52* and now 108*. Think it proves that runs in Div 2 mean very little on the International stage.

Users who are viewing this thread