English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
I've got a nagging feeling that Liam Plunkett will be on his way to South Africa this winter. I wouldn't pick him like, but he's been decent this season and the South African pitches may suit his bowling. When he bowls on the cut stuff that is.

Could just be that he's sorted his action out. He seemed to have no idea what he was doing last time he was picked for England, and hence the ball was going all over the shop. He always had something about him, and he has had a brilliant season, and he'd certainly be a better option than GBH, so I wouldn't be too bothered if he was picked. It's only a 15 man squad though iirc, so it's not going to be easy for him to get in, you'd expect England to pick a spare opener, a spare quicky, a spare keeper and a spare middle order batsman, and if we presume that Onions will be in the XI, the spare quicky position will likely be between Harmison, Sidebottom and possibly Plunkett.

Parry's having a decent game bowled economically and seems to be getting a little bit of drift in the air. He's got one of the best to learn off in Keedy aswell.

The way Harmison is talking I think he'll retire. I wouldn't mind seeing Plunkett play, that ball to Adam Gilchrist. Orgasmic.

This should be a good match two strong teams here in Durham and Sussex. To carry on my theme of praising counties for fielding younger played Will Beer, Steve Borthwick and Hamilton Brown are on show in this match, two leggies in an English game :eek:

I'm looking forward to see how Plunkett's going as on paper he's had a great season with bat and ball and there's half a chance he could sneak his way onto the flight to South Africa.

Also looknig forward to seeing Beer bowl he has been quite impressive whenever I've seen him bowl.

Themer added 15 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Well Plunkett's not proving himself here very average start.

:laugh Yep. Awful bowling from Plunkett. Certainly doesn't seem to have sorted his action out. That last over was pure rubbish.

Hamilton Brown started nicely, but just been dropped at deep square leg, just as Holding was ripping into the captain for having a fielder there :p

Liking Hamilton-Brown more and more everytime I see him. Looks a real classy batsman, opens in OD cricket, scores at a good rate and is certainly pretty confident. I'd be seriously considering him for England selection if he continues to improve over the next year, looks a real talent. We've got some really promising young cricketers coming through atm. Broad, Denly, Hamilton Brown, Rashid, Finn, and even Luke Wright's starting to show notable improvements. Things looking good for the future.

Edit: Enjoying watching Scott Borthwick bowling. Only seen 1 genuinely bad delivery, and that was a full toss to Dwayne Smith. He's got very good control, and he gets the ball to rip. Not seen a googly yet, but he gets good drift and good turn. Bowling nicely.

Last edited:
Well Sussex really outplayed Durham there a really great performance. Durham bowled quite poorly and batting similarly.

Borthwick looked decent for them even if he went at 6 an over, he definetly has alot of potential. Plunkett looked the same bowler he was when he last played for England with the ball being sprayed all over and him being dispatched comfortably.

Beer looked rather good. His first over looked a bit nervous but he got some good flight and was landing them nicely. He varied his pace well and also had good control over his Googly which he used well. The only negative I can think of is that he keeps coughing whats that all about :p. Rather exciting prospect in him in my opinion.

Pink ball trial :D Quite hard to pick it up on the pitch, as Bob Willis has been saying, but once it's hit out into the field it's very nice to pick up. As it's gone on I'm seeing it clearer, couldn't actually see it out of the hand early on.

Tell ya what, this Alex Hales lad has some serious talent. He hits the ball incredibly hard, all-round the park and has just played a superb innings. With a painful shoulder he was still smashing the bowlers out of the park. Brilliant knock.

Tell ya what, this Alex Hales lad has some serious talent. He hits the ball incredibly hard, all-round the park and has just played a superb innings. With a painful shoulder he was still smashing the bowlers out of the park. Brilliant knock.

He's a beast. I thought he would of had a better record then what he has at the moment though.

Yeh, he struggled early season, but seems to have started playing better in the last few weeks, scored a hundred against Ireland a few weeks back iirc. Was an epic innings today though, such brute power, his sixes were huge. Don't think he should be compared to Trescothick yet though, think the Sky team are over-rating him already unfortunately. When England lose the ODi and T20 games to Australia he'll inevitably be talked about for England selection, like Woakes was early season.

I've just realised that you're King Pietersen, I honestly thought there was a new member who was very eloquant, actually knew his stuff and an Office fan (and an Andy Bernard fan too!!!). If I didn't know it was you, you'd have been my new favourite member.

Shame I know better...

I've just realised that you're King Pietersen, I honestly thought there was a new member who was very eloquant, actually knew his stuff and an Office fan (and an Andy Bernard fan too!!!). If I didn't know it was you, you'd have been my new favourite member.

Shame I know better...

:laugh I'm just going to ignore the final part and take that post as a compliment. Thanks ;)

Users who are viewing this thread