English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
That's Broad's first ten wicket match haul as well

Broad has just picked up his 8th though, so all is not lost, still a mega impressive performance. Hope he picks up a 9fer. Amazing how much he's improved since being with England really. Was all but written off after India, and then again after the 3rd Ashes Test, but since then he's been England's best bowler across all forms AFAIC.

Broad takes 8 wickets thats very well bowling but what kind of pitch were they playing on? lol

A pretty good one by the looks of it.

First innings Warwickshire got 313 then Notts got 389.

And after Warwickshire's innings Notts hit 25 from 3 overs to win.

102 for Bopara today, so that's 2 centuries for the match and continues his run of superb form. 89*, 164, 105*, 45*, 142 and 102 is his run of scores in all forms of the game of late. He is in magnificent form right now, and he should definitely be in the 12 for the 1st Test against Pakistan. I'd personally take him ahead of Morgan in the XI too, as already stated in the thread.

This season though in county cricket he's been immense. You can't keep ignoring the performances thus far forever. Has another five-for in his current game and is 30odd not out.

Ian Salisbury used to go back to county cricket & take wickets season after season for Surrey & we all know how crap he was.

I'm not necessarily ignorning his performances. I am following him just as closely as you guys - if not more. I just know from past experience it needs to be taken with a GREAT pinch of salt. Given the HARCORE fact that he is not bowling to good players of spin in county cricket. Plus the historical fact that England dont produce quality leg-spinners.

Just noticed how Bresnan is going... I hope he gets nowhere near the England team. He isn't even close to being international class. I'd say even Wright could bowl as well as him if given enough overs.

Although i dont rate Bresnan much either. Thats pushing it sir.

War added 6 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Yeh but county scores mean nothing.

Yes because its a carbon copy of what he was doing last season. Smoked county attacks for Essex - destroyed a joke windies attack in the caribbean - then was awfully exposed againts againts the test quality AUS attack in the Ashes.

So now he does the same thing again & you guys want to recall him againts the current PAK attack thats causing the AUS all this trouble??:facepalm. Where would he have had the chance to improved on those technical test match batting flaws??

Morgan without a doubt deserves the 4 tests againts Pakistan to test himself againts good test bowling, before anyone. After Bopara's failures last year - he is better of playing out the entire county season & maybe push for place in the Ashes squad. Suggesting he should be recalled back now defies all cricket logic.:facepalm

Last edited:
has shakib played for, or even joined up with worcs yet.

problem is, as far as I'm aware, Jacques is carrying their batting, so I don't see him getting much oppertunities in the first class games.

flip, thanks man.

and he top scored 90 so it was doubley good. Really looking forward to following him while he's playing in a team that is of equal strength to the opposition.

lol Stinky. It's ZZ's fault. He started discussing about this on Eng v Ban series thread, even thought I was talkin about this on this thread.

Shakib picked up 3 wickets. 38-9-94-3. And will get see him bat tomorrow. They are 70/3. Shakib just loves playing for the underdogs?

He picked up the 1st wicket for Wor. But the fielder dropped his catch. Also the 4th wicket, but wasn't given.

Can you stop bitching please?

Users who are viewing this thread