English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Get in Surrey! Good win lads :p. I'm sorry, had to do it with you being a Sussex fan, although it is still a long shot that Surrey will even qualify for the next round in the T20.

As if to rub it in even more, it was bloomin' Hamilton-Brown who made all the runs :p

I don't mind you winning though, 'cause other results mean we've qualified and I don't really want a home quarter final as we're awful at home now :laugh

Random question, anyone know the names of the songs/artists used in the domestic t20 everytime a 4 or 6 is hit?

The only one i recognise is Everybody in the place by the Prodigy.:eek::laugh

I think it depends on which ground the match is at. 'Shout' by Tears for Fears is definitely one of the Hove ones.

Strauss
Davies/Kieswetter
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Yardy
Flintoff
Swanneh
Broad
Shahzad

Rashid
Kieswetter/Davies
Shah
Anderson

Would be my 15 man squad right now, presuming Fred's fit, which is looking likely. He's now fit to bat, is going to be playing some club cricket before playing for Lancs, and will start bowling properly in 6 weeks.

No need to pick a joker like Rashid. In Swann & Yardy we already have 2 spinners -which are the only two spinners in England who would make sense @ international level.

Plus i wont rule out Finn coming in ODIs before the year is out & impressing enough to play make the squad in front of Shahzad.

Last edited:
Finn has an awful OD record and highly doubt that he'll be in the squad ahead of Shahzad.

You keep talking about how county cricket is such a dire standard yet you'd pick him despite going at 5.23 an over. He'd go over 6 an over in an international match. I'd leave him to concentrate on Test Matches where he looks alot more likely to do damage.

Finn has an awful OD record and highly doubt that he'll be in the squad ahead of Shahzad.

You keep talking about how county cricket is such a dire standard yet you'd pick him despite going at 5.23 an over. He'd go over 6 an over in an international match. I'd leave him to concentrate on Test Matches where he looks alot more likely to do damage.

Some players make the step up @ international level regardless of average poor/domestic records. Most good test cricketers can play limited overs. Finn is clearly a better young bowler than Shahzad, so i dont see why when he eventually plays ODIs why he cant adapt.

No need to pick a joker like Rashid. In Swann & Yardy we already have 2 spinners -which are the only two spinners in England who would make sense @ international level.

Rashid is a much improved bowler since he last played and when he did play, the captain and the coach didn't give him the confidence to suceed.

He's the second highest wicket-taker in the county championship this year and he's the leading wicket-taker in the twenty20 competition.

He should be England's second choice spinner really. He's much better than Tredwell.

Seems Somerset are close to signing Dockrell (the young Irish Spinner). Should be a good prospect, although I'm not sure what it will mean for Max Waller.

Anyone here follow cricket below the county level?
The reason that I am asking is because Andre Russell was playing some club cricket in England and was apparently owning everyone that he played against. I was wondering how competitive these matches might be and who might he be playing against.

Anyone here follow cricket below the county level?
The reason that I am asking is because Andre Russell was playing some club cricket in England and was apparently owning everyone that he played against. I was wondering how competitive these matches might be and who might he be playing against.

I think it depends in which area/league he's playing in, some a very strong (Lancashire league) whereas some can be pretty average. Russell is playing for the Barnards Green cricket club in the Worcestershire league so perhaps someone here knows what the level is like. I wouldn't worry about too much about his performances though, I know a lot of grade cricketers in Australia go over and dominate in those leagues during the winter.

Superb innings by Wright here. He knocked it around for singles and twos for his 50 and has let go since.

And he's just hit a massive six. You can see why he's always in the ODI team he just needs to do this for England.

Themer added 2 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Woah way to jinx him. Out for 95.

Great innings regardless.

As I've said before, the talent has always been there, it needs honing and working with and we'll have ourselves a very fine all-rounder.

146 from Ravi Bopara today, man he's in exceptional form right now. If he doesn't get picked ahead of Morgan for the Pakistan Test series I'll be annoyed. He wasn't having the best of seasons until a few weeks back, but in the past few weeks he's been in ridiculous form. I'm sure Morgan'll still be the one to get the spot, but on form Ravi should quite clearly be in the side with Bell sidelined.

If he doesn't get picked ahead of Morgan for the Pakistan Test series I'll be annoyed.

But then, why should Bopara get picked just because he's feasted on some County bowling attacks, when Morgan hasn't been given that chance? Morgan has a proven record in International Cricket for me, so deserves first crack in the Test side for me. I don't think you can write him off just because he hasn't been able to play much First Class cricket this season so far.

Users who are viewing this thread