English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Kervezee saves six on the boundary, but he dives over before he can complete the catch and instead relays to Jaques who takes the catch high with his right hand. Brilliant.

So Trescothick just smashed the quickest half century ever, I think. At the moment he is on 65 of 20.

Still wish Tresco could still be playing for England. Him & Kieswetter opening in limited overs cricket especially, would be devastating for all international attacks.

War added 13 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

How do you other English posters view them currently?.

Are County trundling all-rounders like past failures such as the Holliokes, Matt Fleming, Dougie Brown, Irani, Mark Alleyne, Ealham (although he had his days), Blackwell. Or could they have some use to England if called up to the ODI & T20 squads between now & the next world cup?

For the WC, I would take this starting XI;

Strauss
Kieswetter
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Bresnan
Shahzad (Impressed my yesterday, and Anderson is out of form atm )
Broad
Swann

That squad can bat down to Number 11 and has a lot of bowling options (Shahzad, Broad, Bresnan, Swann, Collingwood)

Decent XI, but needs one more bowling option for me. I'd put Yardy in for Trott, 'cause otherwise you're expecting all the bowlers to succeed every game, which just isn't likely to happen, especially with Collingwood only being a part-timer, really. Possibly Anderson in for Bresnan as well. I just don't rate Bresnan, as a bowler especially.

You do need an extra bowler in that lineup, and Swann batting at 11 is quite stupid imo

Strauss
Davies/Kieswetter
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Yardy
Flintoff
Swanneh
Broad
Shahzad

Rashid
Kieswetter/Davies
Shah
Anderson

Would be my 15 man squad right now, presuming Fred's fit, which is looking likely. He's now fit to bat, is going to be playing some club cricket before playing for Lancs, and will start bowling properly in 6 weeks.

Strauss
Kieswetter
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Morgan
Flintoff
Swanneh
Broad
Shahzad/Yardy
Anderson

That's probably what I'd go with as things stand providing everyones fit.

What. A. Knock. That was absolutely fantastic from Bopara, timed his knock to perfection and batted the whole 20. Have to say, it was probably the perfect knock for an opener.

Nothing says 'you did a good job selecting me' like scoring the 'perfect' hundred the day before your call up game.

Whilst Bopara's knock was a good one and his ending was excellent, he seemed to take his foot off the pedal a bit in the middle, which Trescothick at the moment, certainly isn't doing. Mind you, I think that is probably due to Bopara getting almost no support, rather than Bopara just letting up, but who knows. Essex shouldn't have enough.

FFS. Missed Ravi scoring a century. Definitely going to have to stick the highlights on record later on. Love watching Ravi playing well. Had begun to lose faith in him, but he's found some serious form in the last few weeks. Good signs, would love to see him back in England colours if he finally starts putting some big scores together.

I didn't see it 'cause I was down at Arundel to see Sussex play. Dismal again, 2nd total batting collapse in two matches. And it took an hour to get out of the car park.

We need to sack Murray Goodwin as vice captain for next season, give someone with some spirit the job. Nash or Prior for me.

Users who are viewing this thread