English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
But then, why should Bopara get picked just because he's feasted on some County bowling attacks, when Morgan hasn't been given that chance? Morgan has a proven record in International Cricket for me, so deserves first crack in the Test side for me. I don't think you can write him off just because he hasn't been able to play much First Class cricket this season so far.

Correct.

So Shakib joins Worcestershire, now that he is done with losers cricket.

Umm I guess he is not done with the losers yet. Worcestershire lost 5 out of 5. lol. Poor Shakib.

Dude have some respect. I bet you were no where near him at age 21. Guessing you like 30-35. If you are not, can you get to where he is at right now when you are 21?

Rashid is a much improved bowler since he last played and when he did play, the captain and the coach didn't give him the confidence to suceed.

He's the second highest wicket-taker in the county championship this year and he's the leading wicket-taker in the twenty20 competition.

He should be England's second choice spinner really. He's much better than Tredwell.

I have never been impressed with Rashid, always thought he was over-rated because he was young "English leg-spinner". Not international quality.

I dont rate Tredwell either. Dont think he should be involved in the national set-up in any format.

- For test cricket Swann is the only spinner thats international quality. If he where to get injured - 4 quicks should play.

- While for ODIs. Yardy should be his replacement.

I have never been impressed with Rashid, always thought he was over-rated because he was young "English leg-spinner". Not international quality.

This season though in county cricket he's been immense. You can't keep ignoring the performances thus far forever. Has another five-for in his current game and is 30odd not out.

Luke Wright looks in very good touch with the bat at the moment. On the back of that 93 in the CB40 match he's cracked 105 from 96. Very impressive. He needs to keep this going and translate this type of form to the ODI arena.

And Broad is going berserk against Warwickshire currently 18-5. And Anderson nipped in with a few wickets. Overall things looking quite good for the England wannabes ahead of the series against Pakistan.

Themer added 7 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Just noticed how Bresnan is going... I hope he gets nowhere near the England team. He isn't even close to being international class. I'd say even Wright could bowl as well as him if given enough overs.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot to discount anything that people do on the county level in that case I say Bresnan should be straight into that team preferably as opening bowler. He should probably bat at number three as well because he might be one of those that succeeds at international level even though they've not done much before.

Indeed.

7/19 for Broad from 8.2 overs against Warwickshire. Shame bowling figures against County batting line-ups mean nothing really, as this has the makings of a truely magnificent spell.

Just saw on cricinfo. Gee Stuart Broad goes alright. Whats the pitch at Edgbaston like now?

Users who are viewing this thread