English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Joss effing Butler carries on from where he left off the other night to batter an unbeaten 64 off 37 with 7 fours and 2 sixes. My my my that lad can bat. Another lad that can bat is James Hildreth, fantastic talent.

I was at the Somerset-Lancs game and I think Buttler put together a good combination of clean hitting and edges to third man. :D

Lancashire's catching was atrocious at times, even with that stunner from Keedy. Good to see Waller getting a game and doing well too.

MUFC1987 added 5 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Hildreth's knock really looked like one of those effortless ones too. Apparently he's averaging a ton in this competition at the moment.

Man is Collymore having a good year for Susex. Always in the wickets and they always seem to be top order wickets.

Just back from this fantastic match at Horsham. Match reduced to a T20, and Sussex behind for so long (chasing 216), but Yardy managed to pull us back into it, eventually winning by 17 on D/L after 15 overs. You could just sense the crowd rallying, as we all saw that the comeback was on at the same moment. That's what I watch cricket for!

Notts look like they're going to get a very important victory here provided they score quickly enough.

Hales is looking more and more a future England player as every game goes by for me.

Buttler looking good again today. Kieswetter seems to be finding a bit of form late in the season too.

I can't see either playing. I think Kieswetter will be dropped due to bad form and they'll draft in another keeper who can open (i.e. Steven Davies) rather than Prior. Prior needs to bat somewhere in the 3-5 region in One Day cricket to be successful, but he's not as good as the ones that are currently or likely to be there (Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood and Morgan). At least I hope we don't go back to him in the limited overs stuff.

To me the best talents being produced by england right now are hampshire's Danny briggs,James vince and Chris wood , then Alex Hales and the duo from somerset in hildreth and Buttler and not to forget Hamilton-Brown of Surrey.Also in line are Steven Davies and jason Roy from surrey and Stephen Parry of Lancashire

Last edited:
Derbyshire 9/4 :laugh

TumTum added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

9/5 now :clap

TumTum added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

9/6 :rtfl:rtfl:rtfl

TumTum added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

James Franklin 5fer for 0 runs :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread