English Football Thread 2014/15

Who will win the premiership 14/15

• Total voters

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Swear Sturridge is made out of glass, yet another injury after comeback from injury, seems legit.
Hope Liverpool go all out on to bring Martinez and Origi back if not get Higuain.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Swear Sturridge is made out of glass, yet another injury after comeback from injury, seems legit.
Hope Liverpool go all out on to bring Martinez and Origi back if not get Higuain.

So what most of Arsenal and United players are made of glass ! hell even FCB is following us

And Origi :5M MORE: Recall

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I swear Brendon Rodgers's stubbornes will cost him his job one day, why dafaq doesn't he have a plan B. I think the game on wednesday and next weekend could be his last chance to salvage something.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
We aren't doing a Spurs this season. We're doing significantly worse than Spurs is all. :)

Hope we get Klopp or Frank De Boer next summer if/when Rodgers is a goner..

Also 100% convinced Lovren for 20mil is the club's worst value for money signing ever. Even Carroll for 35mil doesn't look as bad as this one!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Few basic facts:

1. Kolo Toure is our best CB. Significantly better than the fraud that is Lovren.
2. Slippy at AM > Slippy at DM.
3. Lucas at DM > Slippy at DM.
4. Allen's best position is on the bench, but if he were to start, it should be in a deeper role.

Consolidate and apply these basic priniciples into your starting XI, and you'll lose less number of games, Brendan..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
given Arsenal and Liverpool's dire form and the envitable waning of southampton it looks like man u are back among the favourites to qualify for europe, squeezing into the top 4 and they only had to spend like £150m to do it.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
jesus, calm down. dortmund are in the relegation zone. you don't see them calling for klopp's head. west ham and southampton will not finish in the top 4, so we are only 4 points off the pace. still in the capital one cup and fa cup (well, the still being in the FA cup doesn't really count at this stage), and if we win tomorrow we'll be in the knockout phase of the champions league.

after suarez left, it was always going to get worse before it got better. just gotta get through this tough christmas period. liverpool have done very well in the 2nd half of the season the past few seasons, so a turn of form could be around the corner.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
For the last time, please don't Klopp's situation to Rodgers. I see this comparison doing the rounds almost everywhere, and it honestly boils my blood.

Klopp has always had a shoestring budget, lost his best player on a free transfer this summer (unlike the 73mil we got for Luis), won back to back league titles, is a CL finalist, is still a solid tactician who delivers in the big games, and is well poised to top his CL group that also features Arsenal (who are superior to us).

Fraudgers decided to waste 50mil of the Suarez money on the Saints fish market having finished second in the league - all 3 of whom would look out of place in a Championship side. Signed 5 very good players, but bafflingly enough, doesn't rate any of them (prefers Lambert, Lallana, Allen and Johnson at RB/LB in the XI over Balotelli/Borini, Markovic, Emre Can and Manquillo/Moreno respectively).

Don't even get me going about the clueless tactician he is. Scored zilch yet conceded 6 from corners this season, and I wouldn't pin that entirely on the players. It's an obvious coaching drill he's conveniently overlooked. Abandoned his wonderful attractive style of football from his first two seasons, to the dross we're seeing week in, week out these days. His pressers have been tragic to say the least.

Bascially, for a man who's achieved fearsome tweak all, his ego is ridiculously huge, and always talks the talk but seldom walks the walk.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
meh, you're overreacting.

season's going very poorly at the moment, but there's enough time to turn it around. that's all there is to say, really. it may be time to assess where we're at in a few months if this kind of form continues, but we're not there.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Am I though? 7 league goals in 8 home games this season, more than only Villa and Burnley, and we actually spent 73mil on 5 attack minded players, only to rely on a 20 year old Raheem Sterling to bail us out in every game. The only reason why it wouldn't be 100% wise to sack him now is because there aren't many/any quality interims managers around, who're jobless ATM. Spaletti and Prandelli maybe, but that's about it.

Where do you see us finishing this year? And what are the positives you've seen so far this season, to suggest we'll get top 4 (if you think we'll make it, that is..)

Oh and if this was the Bundesliga, I wouldn't be worried like the BVB fans either. The difference in competition for top 4 places in England and Germany is so ridiculously huge that it's not even funny.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
as shocking as glen johnson is, manquillo has been worse, so i would definitely play johnson over manquillo at the moment. we've looked a bit better defensively in the last few games as he's realized that gerrard as a holding player only works if players are pressing from the front to give him enough time on the ball. but that's not possible with balotelli/lambert, and without suarez & sturridge. lovren has looked poor, but i'm holding judgment on him, because i think he can turn it around. i did not have that same feeling after watching iago aspas and luis alberto's performances, for example. markovic has looked out of sorts whenever he's played. losing posession too easily, and trying to do it on his own at times.

i can see us finishing 4th, but it will be difficult. top 2 is already cemented, but both 3rd and 4th are up for grabs with manchester united and arsenal. i don't see enough positives to see us meriting a top 4 finish, but i just don't see enough of a challenge at this moment to suggest that we are completely out of it. i think we'd be in a better position simply if mignolet weren't so shit.

can looks like a good signing, and yea, i would play him more. i'm not as harsh on allen as you are, and actually think he's been quite good this season, but once again, only when gerrard is not playing. in the absence of suarez and sturridge's goals, it is clear that we did not replace those goals even slightly. however, there are no goals from midfield in this team to make up for that either. henderson, can, allen, gerrard (the current version), and lucas are all not goalscoring midfielders. yea gerrard scored a few goals last season, but i think almost all were penalties.

i'm going to disagree with you on lallana. he's actually looked our 2nd best signing. he sparks the game into life at times, and has something different. with better outlets (i.e. if/when sturridge returns), he will look a better player. agreed on sterling though. he's the player with the most minutes, and this is after all the assurances that he won't become another michael owen. however, i don't think that's the player liverpool are depending on. liverpool is dependent on suarez, which is almost worse than depending on a 20 year old sterling, because that is just unrealistic. liverpool look so much better when he's playing (in an advanced role, with lucas covering), and clueless when he's not. once again, this goes back to my point of there not being enough goalscoring midfielders.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
as shocking as glen johnson is, manquillo has been worse, so i would definitely play johnson over manquillo at the moment.

What. The. Fack. Bro.

i'm going to disagree with you on lallana. he's actually looked our 2nd best signing. he sparks the game into life at times, and has something different. with better outlets (i.e. if/when sturridge returns), he will look a better player.

He's the most physically bullied Premier League player I've come across in recent years. Can't dribble, can't pick out a killer pass (the one against Palace was once-in-a-blue-moon stuff, make no mistake). All he is is stylish on the ball - something even that Welsh fraud is. Good work rate is all. 23mil for him having sold the world's 3rd best player? Joke.

Users who are viewing this thread