English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cook replaces himself as the captain. Does a captain affect his rating?

You should probably get rid of the second and third posts and fix the fourth one.

Don't get rid of the player lists though, they took me ages to make (well the English one did at least. Half of the international one is Biggy's with adjustments made based on my qualification scheme and how I rate them (all-rounder wise))

I'll get around to it eventually. Nah, nah I won't delete your player list. I'll be working on updating it.

I was thinking about what format to use for the round robin matches. Clydesdale Bank 40 has 3 groups of 7 teams. We can't do that 'cause we don't have 21 teams. So there's two ways we can go about it.

-Have a normal all v all round robin system, where teams all play each other once. Top two teams both advance directly to semis, and teams ranked 3-6 play for the final two spots.
-Have two groups of 5, top two teams from each group advance to semis.

I'm happy either way.

Hedger probably deserves a Phd for making ridiculous comparisons :lol
Regarding the format , i would say there isn't the need of SFs for CB40 , as 4 out of 21 (realtime) is as 2 out of 10 here in this league . A direct final for the top 2 teams would do . Or a preliminary final between 2 and 3 to play 1 in the final .

Last edited:
Four teams for the playoffs is alright, but not six in a ten team competition.

I don't really mind out of groups or a full round robin.

Up to you really, both systems I agree with. Although I agree with Callum, 6 teams going through in a 10 team competition is a bit too much.

-Have a normal all v all round robin system, where teams all play each other once. Top two teams both advance directly to semis, and teams ranked 3-6 play for the final two spots.

This, only with the top 4 teams making it to the semis.

Ok, well I was just being sarcastic about Tendulkar and de Villiers (although I would choose AB anyday cause of his keeping and his awesomeness)

Ok, this season's format will be an all on all round robin format. Top 4 teams progress to major and minor semi-finals and so on and so forth. Suppose it's the fairest way. I'll get fixtures up, send out SG invites to those to aren't already in and get lineups in soon for warmup matches.

Yeah, that is fine. Hope you rate my players as well as Chewie did. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread