English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, Callum for wining the league again and being a part of CL. Would love to play against your team in CL.

Disappointment for Sartaj but well, the better team on the day won. Better luck next time, Sartaj.

Welcome back to the Champions League Callum. Will be good to see the big 3 (Basnahira, Hawke's Bay and Durham) rumbling for glory again. Tough luck Sartaj, another defeat in a final (NZPL being the other). :/

Yet again our top five get the job done. The skipper Alastair Cook went big, and he got great support from McKenzie, Clarke, and Collingwood.

At the start of the first innings I was actually thinking that 280 would be par, so we still had to bowl well to win the match, and after we got past Sehwag's onslaught we took control of the game.

It's great to defend the title and get a second crack at the CL, and thanks Iridium for the great season. :cheers

EPLLogo-1.png

Season 4 - Stats Centre update

Stats have been updated for season 4.​

• Two seasons of dominance have seen Durham Dynamos become the first team to win back-to-back titles. They also pushed their win percentage to 62%. Liverpool Lightning's indifferent season hasn't hurt them too much. They sit in second with a win percentage of 59.18%
  • Chelmsford Dragons and Gloucester Gladiators are the only teams that are yet to register a win against all opposition. Chelmsford are yet to beat Durham and Gloucester yet to topple Chelmsford and Southampton Sharks.
  • Michael Clarke was the highest run scorer for the season with 1119 runs at 69.94. Paul Collingwood (953) and Sachin Tendulkar (926) were second and third respectively.
  • Daniel Vettori took the most wickets with 32 at an average of 25.44. Zaheer Khan (25) and Dale Steyn (22) took second and third.
  • Zaheer Khan took a record three 5-wicket hauls during the season. Sachin Tendulkar also scored a record three centuries.
  • Michael Clarke has dislodged Andrew Strauss in the all-time run scorers chart. He now has 2428 runs at 52.78. Daniel Vettori has also retaken the lead from Graeme Swann in the wicket taking table, with 88 wickets at 24.56.

S4ReviewMClarke.png

Michael Clarke's sublime season made him the EPL's top run scorer

-X-

Season 5

Question: Do we do the standard release and draft or would you like to start anew? I need to know this before I can get things going again.

My initial plan was to have a redraft/auction after Season 5 but it just seems like ages since these teams were drafted. I won't bother with a poll since you can just discuss it here or let me know.​

All the teams barring Durham and Liverpool would want a reshuffle.

So,doesn't matter what I prefer,we're shaking things up again. :p

I think it might be time for a redraft. Also, if any spaces come up can I put my name down in advance? Thanks.

Okay, I aimed for a similar style to the current logo. I wasn't very pleased with the batsman, though, so I'll redo him. It also seemed to be fuzzy - that must be one of the effects has gone wrong.

V1 ->
attachment.php

v2 ->
attachment.php

Attachments

• txt.png
    txt.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 453
  • txt2.png
    txt2.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I'd change the font as well. The one I'm using now still looks fine but I'd still like to see what you can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread