English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there in the VIP seats with Iri, Sartaj & Cal. The tension there was palpable there & all around. The way the Notts celebrated after Morne's early double-strike. The way Nottingham celebrated after the win. The way poor Durham sunk to their feet after losing. All this can only been seen in a great league like the EPL. :p

Congrats to Sartaj for awesome team management and being a great "trade-freak" & Callum for going this far. Congrats to Iridium too for completing another season of this legendary league.

Last edited:
Oh myyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nottingham Outlaws on top of the world once again!!!!!!
Unbelievable scenes at the home of cricket,Stuart Broad wins consecutive championships for Nottingham as the skipper.
He,along with Morne Morkel formed the backbone of the team,without a doubt.

All the inspiring work done post the break would've had a meaning only if we had gone all the way and we did.
Take nothing away from the Durham Dynamos...sooooooooo dominant a force...never seen any other team in any league stamp their authority the way these guys did,all boiling down to Callum's managerial skills...so hats off to him and his amazing team once again.

Special thanks to Dipak too for his support and probably the most significant of them all to Truman Lee...a lot of effort must have went into making this one of the finest leagues ever on the forum...CLASS! :thumbs

See you all in the CL 10 and of course the much awaited EPL 6 which should mark the beginning of a new era and what better way to get started than by unveiling a brand new EPL logo(? :D)

Last edited:
Our openers fell away terribly towards the latter part of the season. Heading into the playoffs they were averaging 37 (Cook) and 51 (Porterfield), and their scores in the playoffs went 10, 2, 23, 13 (Cook) and 0, 1, 9, 4 (Porterfield). Shah was the same as well, averaging 156 coming into the playoffs, and in his four playoff innings' he scored 16, 16, 25*, 2. That put far too much pressure on our 3, 4, and 5, and we were always going to struggle with the inability of players rated around 30 to generate a S/R in cricksim, like I assume Hall and Vettori were. Tbh I think I just got it wrong in the third final. I should have dropped at least one of Porterfield and Adams, because they both turned out to be massive liabilities.

Congratz to Sartaj on the win, and thanks to Iridium for another great season. :cheers

Cheers guys! Thanks for all the support! A league is really nothing without good managers.

Gonna take a couple days to archive everything and then once that's done I'll outline what will be going down in the next few months.

I supported neither, lol. I was just tilted a bit towards your side due to they winning it twice in a row and they having MSD.

Whether you like MSD or not, his ODI record is quite phenomenal. Under his own captaincy, so from 2007 - 2012, he's been averaging 57 at a S/R of 84. Without doubt he's currently the best ODI finisher in the game.

Whether you like MSD or not, his ODI record is quite phenomenal. Under his own captaincy, so from 2007 - 2012, he's been averaging 57 at a S/R of 84. Without doubt he's currently the best limited overs finisher in the game.
Ab de Villiers is 100x better than him. That's what I feel. :p

Ab de Villiers is 100x better than him. That's what I feel. :p

AB's definitely the better batsman, along with the likes of Amla etc., but if I had him in my team I wouldn't be batting him down at five as a finisher, I'd be batting him up the order at three or four. I'm talking about in terms of the five/six position where I've been using MSD here in the EPL.

Man this EPL is turning into a two-team dynasty. The rest of the managers need to pick up! :p

It would be a three-way contest if I didn't keep choking when it matters, 2nd eliminator (qualifier?) for the last two seasons, at least the results are consistent.

Once again, great league Iridium, has been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to next seasons draft and tournament!

EPLLogo-1.png

Season 5 - Stats Centre update

Stats have been updated for season 5.​

• Despite falling short in the Grand Final Series, Durham Dynamos dominated the round robin stage. They maintain their status as the most successful team in terms of games won with 43 wins from 68 games, at a win percentage of 63.24%. Liverpool Lightning finished dead last but still managed to hold onto second place with Nottingham Outlaws just one win behind.
  • All teams (excluding the defunct Taunton and Gloucester franchises) have registered a win against every other side. Nottingham hold the biggest winning margin between teams with a 8-2 record against Manchester Cricket Club.
  • Paul Collingwood was the highest run scorer for the season with 995 runs at 99.50. Kevin Pietersen (848) and Michael Clarke (845) were second and third respectively. This is the second time Collingwood has topped the chart for most runs in a season.
  • Morne Morkel and Stuart Broad took the most wickets with 26 a piece. James Anderson (21) and Lasith Malinga (20) took second and third.
  • This is only the second season in which no player has scored more than 1 century or taken more than 1 five-wicket haul.
  • Paul Collingwood now tops the all-time run scorers chart, pushing Michael Clarke into second. He now has 3323 runs at a phenomenal average of 83.08.
  • Daniel Vettori still holds first place in the wicket taking table, with 106 wickets at 26.44. He is the first player to reach the 100 wicket mark.

S5ReviewDVettori.png

Daniel Vettori became the first player to take 100 EPL wickets

-X-

Season 6

Player auction: After five seasons with the same squads (sort of), it's time for a change. All squads have been emptied of their players and they will be sold via an auction. Still not sure when this will start but stay tuned for updates.

Team names: This would be a perfect opportunity to make changes to your team names. If you want to change your team name, let me know know so I can get logos done.

Possible expansion: I'm weighing up whether to expand the number of teams to 10. The English player pool is certainly large enough to accommodate two extra teams. The first two seasons of the EPL were played with 10 teams so there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

Fixtures: For the past two seasons, each team has played each other twice for a total of 14 rounds. If the number of teams remain at 8, it will be the same this season. If it increases to 10, this will have to change to single round robin of 9 rounds.

Discuss, comment and feel free to make suggestions as well. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread