English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
SouthamptonSharks.png

Can the Sharks Successfully Defend the EPL?

bell-460x287.jpg

Pietersen Will Have To Find Someone To Replace Ian Bell

After finally winning the prestigious English Premier League last season, it seemed that the Sharks could finally be considered in the same bracket as the likes of Durham and Nottingham. With the summer promising new arrivals, it is the departure of fan-favourire Ian Bell that has been their biggest news. Bell was the only player to have represented the Sharks throughout his EPL career and his move to last season's runner-ups Birmingham has questioned the intentions of management. It was well known that despite winning the trophy, Waqar Younis, the coach, wasn?t satisfied with the team?s bowling department and the trade with Birmingham was meant to improve the teams ?bowling stocks?. Bell?s replacement in the starting line up is likely to be either Hildreth or Solanki and neither of them boasts the experience of the former ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year.

The release of Ryan Harris and Yuvraj Singh is also puzzling considering their replacements, Mitchell Starc and Azhar Ali, are relatively new to international cricket. Whereas Yuvraj was a benchwarmer for the Sharks last season, Harris was crucial in the teams? victories against Liverpool and Birmingham in the qualifiers and finals respectively. The likes of Starc, Ali, and Hildreth have big boots to fill this season, but one thing can be guaranteed ? this will be an interesting season for the defending champions.

Love how you've taken a punt and gone for new players despite having a championship winning squad.

@CG123: Stokes as captain. Interesting choice. I have to say Stokes is a personal favourite of mine.

For obvious reasons,Ian Bell was the face of the Southampton franchise but being a Warwickshire Bear,he should feel at home in the Birmingham camp.

@CG123: Stokes as captain. Interesting choice. I have to say Stokes is a personal favourite of mine.

I prefer to go with a domestic player, and the two with real life captaincy experience Porterfield and Yardy aren't really certainties to start, so it came down to Bairstow or Stokes. I went with Stokes in the end because he plays for Durham in real life, and he's New Zealand born. :p

NOT1.png

Saeed Ajmal Interview

_45883128_ajmal766getty.jpg

Ajmal has always had the last laugh even against the toughest adversaries

Love him or hate him,Saeed Ajmal is a fighting champion and has fought his way to becoming the undisputed #1 bowler in world cricket,cementing his legacy as one of the all-time greats in the process.
A man of few words,he opened up for an interview on joining the Outlaws,arguably as their trump card.
Below are the excerpts:

On the transfer: Awesome I Am Feeling Really Great And I Am Looking Forward To Play With This Team

On the squad: Umair And Sartaj Has Did Really Amazing Job We Have A Good Squad

On Umair Nazim: He Is A Good Coach

On Clarke: We Have Played Against Each Other Many Times I Think His Leadership Skills Are Awesome

On how he would deal with Manchester top-order: With Dosra And Tesra

On the English pitches: I Think They Support Spin Remember Swann Was The Highest Wicket Taker Last Season

On match-fixing in the EPL: I Dont Think

Strongest opponents: Manchester Thunder & Northampton Tigers

Weakest team: The Team Which DIPAK Manage

Message for the other teams: Beware Of Me

* Interview composed by Umair and Sartaj.

Love how you've taken a punt and gone for new players despite having a championship winning squad.

Hoping it doesnt backfire though. Pleased with the squad, I think we have a better balance than last season.

BirminghamBucks.png

Ian Bell joins Birmingham Bucks

Ian+Bell+r5FZr8MpGYbm.jpg

Ian Bell would be playing with his home side for the first time in the EPL

In a major development, Birmingham team manager Dipak, was ecstatic to unveil Ian Bell in Birmingham colors in a ceremony in Birmingham, days after Warwickshire lost the CB40 final in the most cruel manner, Ian Bell made 81. The whole of Birmingham dugout is ecstatic to have him in. Ian Bell said "I will miss BKB and the crowd in Southampton, but it's always special to play at home, the crowd here is awesome! It's good to play under a manager like Dipak". On asked about Saeed Ajmal's provoking comments he said "Let him say anything, we'll take him to the cleaners, I guess he was influenced by Umair, I can remember him sending me abusive messages before our fixture against London". Dipak said "He's such a good player, he will be a massive boost to the team"
-

Last edited:
I've never seen such activity with regards to promoting new signings during a trade window. There's even some rivalry for the upcoming season. Gun!

Just under 4 hours left in the trade window. If you have any last minute trades pending or FA trades to make, now is the time.

Taking warm-up round 1 lineups in SG now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread