Enter the Squad and Line-up Editing...

boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Finally am able to break into the Squad and line-up Editing. (Thanks to Collin, brad(for his offset files)). More details abt the hex edit will be added later. First of all let us try the save game file attached here. This is the one of Test Match(ICC Super Series) btw TEST WORLD XI and Aussies which will be held shortly. Here i edit the TEST WORLD XI squad with out any Aussies in it. The Squad contains (not exactly the ICC 11, but my prefered 11)...

G.Smith, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Lara, Inzi, Fleming, Trescothick, Flintoff, Jayasuriya, Kallis, Pollock, Sangakkara, Murli, Vettori, Kumble, Shoaib Akhtar, Harmison, Bond, and Vaas.

Hope u'll enjoy this Exciting and Tough game.

The Complete breakup of Squad/line-up Hex will be added tomorrow.

Download "ICC Super Series Test Match: World XI (Vs) Australia" Save File Now (From the Attachment) !!! (126 KB Only)

Instalaltion:

Just Store the ICCTEST.mch folder into "C:\My Documents\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\" and enjoy the battle.

Boss

Attachments

• icctestsave.zip
    125.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
for the releare of lineup editor

waiting for the release of lineup editor

Even if it helps in just small adjustment still I would love to say thanks a lot to you because earlier the people were hiding all the information related to lineup editing. I hope this helps. I will surely try this match file. Thanks a lot buddy

Looks good,but what im really looking fwd to is the .mch editor.Hopefully it isnt far frm release.

Squad Editing Method Illustrated!

As i promise yesterday, here we go!, "The Default Squad Editing Method". Tomorrow i'll update it with "Line-up Editing Method". Get Ready for some hair rising reading :eek: ...

EA Cricket'2005 - Squad and Line-up Editing Methods

Illustrated by Boss (A.R.Karthick)

Thanks to:

Collin, Brad (For the Team Offsets) and PC Team Friends.

Tools Needed:

1. Hex Editor (Most Recommended: "Hex WorkShop" From http://www.bpsoft.com - for it's simplicity!)

2. EA Cricket'2005 Full game Installation!.

3. Ofcourse!, little bit of knowledge abt the HEX thing!.

4. Patience and Effort...

Before Enter:

Backup u'r existing roster.ros (or) 'user name.ros' (like mine boss.ros file in BOSS.ros Folder) and the save game match Folder any u have (like TEST.mch, ODI.mch, WORLDCUP.mch i have) - can be found under the "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005" (Default in Windows'2k OS, may be different in some other OSes!) directory before proceeding a step further. You never know when u are going to be messed up with the hexing.

Chapter: 1 - Default SQUAD EDITING:

1. First of all u need to know abt the Team's Offsets. Here i list all the Test Match Playing Nation's Offset. (Note: These are Decimal Offsets!)

Australia - 20

Bangladesh - 2836

England - 19684

India - 36532

New Zealand - 64612

Pakistan - 75844

Soth Aftrica - 84268

Sri Lanka - 89884

West Indies - 109540

Zimbabwae - 120772

WORLD TEST XI - 154468

WORLD ODI XI - 157276

2. For the start, Here We are Going to Edit the "TEST MATCH WORLD XI" without any Aussies in it (as the ICC World XI (vs) Aussies will start soon).

3. In the game Main Menu, Click "My Cricket" --> "Squad Management" --> 'Edit Team" --> In top change "International" to "Other" --> Select "World Test XI".

Now note down (roughly ) all the players name in order in the default squad. (i.e. Starting from 1. M.Hayden, 2.H.Gibbs, 3.R.Ponting ...... 19.S.Fleming, 20.S.Tendulkar)

4. Open Hex Work Shop!(through out this illustration, "HEX WORK SHOP" editor is used By Me!) - Click the Tab "File/Open/ select "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\USERNAME.ros\username.ros".

5. Now look at the beautiful HEX Numbers Sprayed in front of u. Now Click Tab "Edit/Goto...". Now the "Goto" box pops out. In the "Offset" field put the "World Test XI" offset i.e. "154468". (Ref to: Step no:1 for the Team Offsets).

6. Under the "Offset" field, mark the "Decimal" button. In the right side under "From Where", mark the "Beginning of File". Now Fire the "Go" Button.

7. Now u can see bytes like "1607 3433 CB3D....A103". Here Each Byte (i.e. 1607 - a byte) refers to one player's code. Now counting from "1607" to "A103" (20 bytes - 20 players in the team), write down the player code (byte) according to the player in order we already note down.

i.e. M.Hayden - 1607, H.Gibbs - 3433, R.Ponting - CB3D .....S.Fleming - C953, S.Tendulkar - A103.

8. From Here onwards, we're completely going to mess up with our world XI team without any Aussies in it. Note down, this is my personal squad!, u may have different taste. So make it according to u'r taste. My Squad as follows...

G.Smith, V.Sehwag, R.Dravid, S.Tendulkar, B.Lara, Inzamam Ul-Haq, S.Fleming, M.Trescothick, A.Flintoff, S.Jayasuriya, J.Kallis, S.Pollock, K.Sangakkara, M.Muralitharan, D.Vettori, A.Kumble, S.Akhtar, S.Harmison, S.Bond, and C.Vaas. (need to be Exactly 20 Players!).

9. Now we need to find the player's code for the above team. There are already few player's in the above team in the default squad. So note them down first. (like Dravid, Lara, Fleming, Flintoff, Kallis, Murali, Vaas). For all the others, we need to find the Player's code.

10. I'll show u how to find the player's code. Click the Tab, "Edit/Find". In the FIND Pop-up Box,scrolldown "Type: Text String", "value: Player's Name (Eg: G.Smith)", Now Press "O.K".

11. Now the result appear. 2 bytes Left side of the Name, after the null byte ("0000") there lies the player's code. (Here For G.Smith, it is "B107"). Like this way we have to find all the other's code. For u'r convenience, i put down all the World XI player's code here.

G.Smith - B107, V.Sehwag - 0734, R.Dravid - 8A46, S.Tendulkar - A103, B.Lara - FD12, Inzamam Ul-Haq - 1936, S.Fleming - C953, M.Trescothick - D85E, A.Flintoff - 4F64, S.Jayasuriya - 6D0C, J.Kallis - 5609, S.Pollock - 500C, K.Sangakkara - AC61, M.Muralitharan - 633D, D.Vettori - E20A, A.Kumble - 5658, S.Akhtar - 1266, S.Harmison - 340F, S.Bond - 850A, and C.Vaas - 7847.

12. BEFORE WE ARE PROCEEDING TO THE NEXT STEP (i.e. Team Alteration), in the Tab, Click "Options/Preferences.../Configuration/Advanced Options", click "Enable Direct File Editing", press "Apply" and then "OK". (If u don't do this, then it'll be pretty annoying!).

13. Again Click Tab "Edit/Goto...". Now the "Goto" box pops out. In the "Offset" field put the "World Test XI" offset i.e. "154468".

14. If there is any mistake from here on, the game will be shut-off. So Backup the roster!. Now Overwrite the player's code bytes (i.e. 20 bytes - 20 players in the default squad into our own squad) in exact order prescribed in step 11 without any mistake. (i.e. over 1607 3433 CB3D...C953 A103, type exactly B107 0734 8A46....850A 7847).

That's it!. Here is the starting point for Default Squad Editing. More abt the Line-up editing and other stuff (if any) will be illustrated tomorrow. So hold u'r head tight till then. Bye!!!.

(Sample Roster also attached for u'r convenience for testing!, Download it From the Attachment.)

Attachments

• worldxisquchange.zip
    117 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Hey Boss. U don't need all this for changing WORLD XI's squad!!! U can simply click the players name, from the squads menu, deselect him or replace him with ANY other person from ANY other country u want. I hope u knew this:)

Regular Replies...

Master said:
for the releare of lineup editor

waiting for the release of lineup editor

Is it?, Then we have to wait for some more days as i have only limited knowledge abt the programming. Some pro-prog soon get some info from here and will start to build the editor.

barmyarmy said:
Boss: What info do you have on lineup editing because this method only changes squad positions?

Nice to here from u mate!.Yap!, u'r absolutely right. At present (May be in future is well), we can edit the line-up from the save file only coz roster file didn't seem to have the line-up in it. I also found the offset where line-up stored in the Save file as well as the line-up format, and let u know more abt that on tomorrow mate.

ashu said:
Even if it helps in just small adjustment still I would love to say thanks a lot to you because earlier the people were hiding all the information related to lineup editing. I hope this helps. I will surely try this match file. Thanks a lot buddy

Thanks ashu for u'r app!, Nothing to hide mate!. Soon we can get the line-up editor and squad editor.

sid said:
Looks good,but what im really looking fwd to is the .mch editor.Hopefully it isnt far frm release.

thanks sid for u'r app!. am also hoping for the Editor will be released soon. Some geeks really working on it.

Adarsh said:
Hey Boss. U don't need all this for changing WORLD XI's squad!!! U can simply click the players name, from the squads menu, deselect him or replace him with ANY other person from ANY other country u want. I hope u knew this

Hey mate!, here i illustrate in general with the working example of how to edit the default squad. You can edit any team with this same method where no replacement player avail (like SL,BAN...). But also as far as am concern, in this world XI too, when we replace the players, they replaced by the Aussies domestic players only. Then how could u bring the likes of "Sehwag, Pollock, Inzi, Kumble... into the world xi?. Let me know that. (is it by creating the player from scratch and first replace him in the domestic team and then put him into world XI?, then how abt the Hex Method?, with practice u could change the squad in seconds.)

Boss

Last edited:
hey boss !! excellent work mate ! :clap

Romba nandri ;)

and plz give all the details regarding the line-up so that it will be easier for all patchers to make some great classic matches :)

jk said:
hey boss !! excellent work mate !

Romba nandri

and plz give all the details regarding the line-up so that it will be easier for all patchers to make some great classic matches

Ungalukkum Romba Nandri mate!. Ofcourse!, i'll illustrate the line-up hex cracking tomorrow.

Boss

again great tutorial. i will try it soon.

one mistake though: you wrote the WORLD TEST XI two times.
it should be the world ODI XI with the offset of 157276 ( or the 154468 )

akira said:
again great tutorial. i will try it soon.

one mistake though: you wrote the WORLD TEST XI two times.
it should be the world ODI XI with the offset of 157276 ( or the 154468 )

thank u mate for u'r app as well as err detection!. Yap!, corrected the offset. i.e. 154468 belongs to Test 11, where as 157276 belongs to ODI 11.

Boss

Users who are viewing this thread