Espana win Euro 2008!!

Who will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well done, Spain. You deserve it and I'm pleased you won something. Being an England fan, I feel your pain of not winning anything for over forty years. I think you'll do bloody well in the next World Cup as well, maybe even do the double like France did. Hopefully England's turn will come soon.

You can't really judge England on qualifying. We always struggle with qualifying and usually just about sneak through. We always play a lot better when we get to the tournament proper and with a bit of luck down the years, who knows?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Well played to Spain. I don't wanna sound insane, but I think the tournament deserved better than a 1-0 final.

True, but it was more of a 1-0 massacre! Spain could easily have scored four or five.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

England have a 1% chance of winning. And that too is because they now have a good manager in FabC.

Bollocks. I reckon Capello will get us playing as a team eventually, if given the chance. That's all we're lacking. Can you honestly say that, man for man, teams like Turkey, Russia, Italy and even Germany are better than us? I don't think so. The problem is, we don't play as a team. Sort that out and we'll do fine.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
No. Thats the thing, man to man, England would be one of the best sides in the world. Although I do think you have always had very ordinary goalkeepers.

Its just that I've seen a decent amount of England games, and they dont seem to have the class or consistency that some of other teams do. I found England so unimpressive in the World Cup. There is no "spark", if you know what I mean.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
England won't win the world cup because they're England. The only reason the Rugby team did it in 2003 was because they weren't under pressure. What happened as soon as they were then expected to win things in the aftermath of the world cup? Exactly. They turned crap.

England won't win the World Cup because most of the players are jessies and care more about their wallets than their trophy cabinets. It's sad but it's true.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Ofcorse England can win the World Cup in 2010, isn't EA gonne make the official video game for the event? :cheers

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
No. Thats the thing, man to man, England would be one of the best sides in the world. Although I do think you have always had very ordinary goalkeepers.

Its just that I've seen a decent amount of England games, and they dont seem to have the class or consistency that some of other teams do. I found England so unimpressive in the World Cup. There is no "spark", if you know what I mean.

There was no spark in WC 2006, not until the Portugal game at least (another in the long line of bad luck stories). As for keepers, I agree. The fact that James is seen as the best choice is ridiculous. We haven't had a really good keeper since Shilton and Seaman. Ben Foster has potential...

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

England won't win the world cup because they're England. The only reason the Rugby team did it in 2003 was because they weren't under pressure. What happened as soon as they were then expected to win things in the aftermath of the world cup? Exactly. They turned crap.

England won't win the World Cup because most of the players are jessies and care more about their wallets than their trophy cabinets. It's sad but it's true.

We have to get someone to change that mentality. Spanish players get that sort of money and look at them...

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Followed without watching, was barracking for the Spaniards, but as long as Portugal didn't win, I was happy.

PhilD123

International Coach
We always play a lot better when we get to the tournament proper and with a bit of luck down the years, who knows?
I'm not sure about that, we've been poor in the major tournaments for a while really, maybe since 96.

98- knocked out in quarters
00- awful in euros
02- Not great again
04- Victories against average sides
06- Nothing needs to be said

Why Portugal, Dean?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I don't get it.

Italy won the World Cup in 06' but weren't first in the rankings but now Spain wins the Euro and is at the top. Also what I don't is how we played such a poor tournament yet go up a ranking spot!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't get it.

Italy won the World Cup in 06' but weren't first in the rankings but now Spain wins the Euro and is at the top. Also what I don't is how we played such a poor tournament yet go up a ranking spot!

Its not just the tournament matches that matter, although winning the tournament does give you the most lift. But Spain have been unbeaten in 22 games. Infact from memory I think under Aragones, Spain have lost only three matches. To France in the World Cup, Northern Ireland and Sweden in the Euro Qualifiers.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

I am from Italian heritage so I was supporting Italy. Sorry, I should of worded that better.

Its not just the tournament matches that matter, although winning the tournament does give you the most lift. But Spain have been unbeaten in 22 games. Infact from memory I think under Aragones, Spain have lost only three matches. To France in the World Cup, Northern Ireland and Sweden in the Euro Qualifiers.

So I assume qualifiers would have an impact. What about friendlies?

Users who are viewing this thread