Espana win Euro 2008!!

Who will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great win of Spain. I would have liked to see a bit more goals though.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, although it was an action packed game. Spain had more spells of domination, but Germany did have a fair share. I feel sorry for Lahm actually because he has probably been the best right back in the tournament along with Capdevila and Zhirkov.

m_vaughan added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

In fairness, he hasn't exactly lost anything.

Oh yeah sorry. need to be in it first to lose it. Nevermind.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Well played to Spain. I don't wanna sound insane, but I think the tournament deserved better than a 1-0 final.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Oh yeah sorry. need to be in it first to lose it. Nevermind.

Again let me point out that your anti-english football team comments mean nothing to a Welshman. It's also a bit rich coming from someone from the UAE and the massive footballing pedigree that your nation has.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
David Villa also ends up as the top scorer of the tournament with 4 goals, thats one more than anyone else. The funny thing is he scored those goals in the first two games! Well deserved nevertheless!:happy:happy

Oh and bdw, David Healy is the top scorer with 13 goals, if you include the qualifiers. So well done to him for that. Three of them came against us in that ugly game.:noway

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Well played to Spain. I don't wanna sound insane, but I think the tournament deserved better than a 1-0 final.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Again let me point out that your anti-english football team comments mean nothing to a Welshman. It's also a bit rich coming from someone from the UAE and the massive footballing pedigree that your nation has.

are ou welsh? kool, didn't know that.

Just wanna say, Giggs is legend.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Got up at 4:45am, Australian time to watch the game. I thought it was a good game though Spain deserved to score more than the one goal. Germany had spurts but were never "in" the game. Good game which I thought was worth getting up for.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Ofcourse its worth getting up for. Comes once in four years, and for me, it was the first time I got to see Spain in a final (or a semi-final).

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
UEFA EURO 2008™ Team of the Tournament
Goalkeepers:
Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Iker Casillas (Spain), Edwin van der Sar (Netherlands).Defenders: Bosingwa (Portugal), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Carlos Marchena (Spain), Pepe (Portugal), Carles Puyol (Spain), Yuri Zhirkov (Russia).
Midfielders: Hamit Altıntop (Turkey), Luka Modrić (Croatia), Marcos Senna (Spain), Xavi Hernández (Spain), Konstantin Zyryanov (Russia), Michael Ballack (Germany), Cesc Fàbregas (Spain), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Lukas Podolski (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands).
Forwards: Andrei Arshavin (Russia), Roman Pavlyuchenko (Russia), Fernando Torres (Spain), David Villa (Spain).

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=729372.html#spain+dominate+team+tournament

And Xavi is named the player of the tournament. He played well no doubt but I would have given it to Senna.
http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/news/kind=1/newsid=729378.html#xavi+emerges+euros

Bilal91

International Coach
i would have given it to Iniesta tbh...

anyhow great win for spain...completely outplayed the germans and finally the deadlock for them is broken...they look like a really close unit and seem to work well together and have a very good chance of winning the WC

Users who are viewing this thread