Euro 2012 McDonald's Fantasy Football

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Top place battle. Remember, my players on the right and Callum's on the left.

Nani (1) -Ronaldo (6)
Schweinsteiger (3) - Ozil (8)
Busquets - Iniesta
Motta - Darida (3)
Periera (7) - Limbersky (3)
Hummels (2) - Boateng (4)
Casillas - Rui Patricio (6)
Cech (3) - Tzorvas (0)

And both of us have Gomez, Torres, Gerrard, Lescott & Jordi Alba. So, it mostly depends on whom he captains this matchday, considering that everyone will have almost the same players for the SFs and Final.

----------

It is actually very difficult to put up a decent XI for the Semi-finals (4-3-3 or 3-4-3). It will be a bonus for the person who can manage more than 11 players for the SFs.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Top place battle. Remember, my players on the right and Callum's on the left.

Nani (1) -Ronaldo (6)
Schweinsteiger (3) - Ozil (8)
Busquets - Iniesta
Motta - Darida (3)
Periera (7) - Limbersky (3)
Hummels (2) - Boateng (4)
Casillas - Rui Patricio (6)
Cech (3) - Tzorvas (0)

And both of us have Gomez, Torres, Gerrard, Lescott & Jordi Alba. So, it mostly depends on whom he captains this matchday, considering that everyone will have almost the same players for the SFs and Final.

I've completely screwed this round up. I went with Nani over Ronaldo to try and save me a few points, but Nani had a shocker and Ronaldo scored, and to make matters worse I had Nani as captain instead of my Portuguese defender. And now today I didn't pick a single one of the goal scorers. Gomez not starting completely screwed my over considering he cost 11.7, and I had him as captain, all of my three Germans were crap though. I didn't realise Schweinsteiger was a defensive midfiender, so I forked out 9 points for him when I should've gone for Ozil. Even from what I've seen of the match today Lahm was playing further forward than Schweinsteiger. I know Busquets is a defensive midfielder, but other than the Czechs and the Greeks there were no other 6.5's. If Spain don't win and keep a clean sheet I'll be completely screwed, considering I'm only on 17 points atm. It was actually a last minute decision to bring in a Portuguese defender, so if I hadn't have done that I'd only be on 10ish points now.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
There is Rui Patricio for 5.5, where as Periera is 6.0 (0.5 saved) and Boateng for 6.5 where as Hummels is 7.0 (0.5 saved). So, you could have got Ozil if you had saved that amount on defenders. It's always necessary to keep your defenders budget low.

----------

And talking of Gomez, it doesn't really matter because nearly 50% of the active people playing the game have him.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Boateng didn't play in round three, so I wasn't sure whether he'd be playing in this round or not.

I wanted Casillas though, and tbh I didn't think either team would keep a clean sheet, so I went with Cech since he was cheaper. I guess the other way around would've been smarter, i.e. Rui Patricio in for Cech, and a cheaper Czech defender in for Periera. Although hopefully this way I'll be able to have both Periera and Casillas keeping clean sheets.

When Gomez and Schweinsteiger are over 20 between them and they get 1 and 3 points respectively then I'm always going to struggle. I'll have to get rid of at least one of them for the semis.

----------

It's always necessary to keep your defenders budget low.

That's what I was trying to do. I have the cheapest English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Greek, and like I said before I didn't know whether Boateng would be playing or not, so I went with the cheapest other option.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Knew Xabi would score! Never expected a brace though. :D

Gutted you left Ronaldo as captain though, considering both Xabi and Jordi Alba would've been better options. :p

I made my move this morning, with Busquets (5), Casillas (6), and Jordi Alba (20).

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was another horror round for me.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've got 5 players in my team who are knocked out. Big problem is now how to fill in my team. Especially since the bank has not been raised.

Bevab

Staff Member

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The Italian midfielder that I had didn't even play, despite starting in all three group matches, the same thing that happened with Gomez, and all of my forwards only got one point. I've got five guys knocked out, 2 Czechs, 2 Poms, and 1 Greek.

Bevab

Staff Member
Its so annoying when you're not even given more cash to spend off.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
All 8 by the semis. Finding it incredibly hard to set in a team now, without being penalized for extra transfers.

----------

Gutted you left Ronaldo as captain though, considering both Xabi and Jordi Alba would've been better options. :p

Maybe Xabi, but never really thought Spain would NOT let the French score (talking about Alba).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
A bit like Fantasy Cricket, I already anticipated which teams would be in the semi-finals and all came true. I had four Czech players, but since I knew I could swap 8 times in the semi-finals I included them to reduce the costs.

This is pretty bad. Right after the quarter-finals I made the changes and have all 15 active players and anticipated that 3 players won't play in the match. But I see now Abate is doubtful as well, so I will have only 11 players, that will complete a match.

It seems a lot of Italian players are injured. Three players are doubtful and 1 player is already ruled out.

Users who are viewing this thread