Euro 2012 McDonald's Fantasy Football

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow last again. All my four captains got two points.

New squad for knockout:

GK: Rui Patricio, Sifakis
DEF: Papastathopolous, Gebre Selassie, Koscielny, Maniatis, Jordi Alba
MID: Joao Moutinho, Gerrard, Schweinsteiger, Pilar, Pirlo
ATT: Gomez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Cassano

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I see you haven't included any Englishmen as well. I wanted to include Gerrard, but he is too expensive. Also if you select Gomez and Ronaldo you need to sacrifice a lot on other players.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Team ATM:

GK: Neuer, Patricio
DF: Cole, Lescott, Debuchy, Papadopoulos, Abate
MF: Pilar, Jiracek, Cabaye, Fabregas, Iniesta
FW: Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I see you haven't included any Englishmen as well. I wanted to include Gerrard, but he is too expensive. Also if you select Gomez and Ronaldo you need to sacrifice a lot on other players.

I have Gerrard.

I went with Gomez and Ronaldo as the captain feature seems VERY important. If you take a look the guys who picked Dzagoev as their captain on day one are still reaping the benefits. So I've gone with guys who will almost definitely have a good game in midfield, and players who are a gamble too.

Ronaldo and Gomez are the gambles really, and Pirlo, Schweinsteiger and Gerrard will be the driving forces of their teams. Also went with the Greek bus parkers in defence, and betting Rui Patricio can keep a clean sheet.

Also switched out Koscielny for Debuchy. Forgot to put Debuchy back in, he will be starting for the rest of the tournament, Koscielny will just fill in for the one game. Though I feel minus the experience he is streets ahead of Mexes in every department. Plus Debuchy is much more of an attacking threat.

----------

Team ATM:

DF: Cole, Lescott, Debuchy, Papadopoulos, Abate
MF: Pilar, Jiracek, Cabaye, Fabregas, Iniesta
FW: Ronaldo, Rooney, Nani

Nani looks like he's showboating too much really. Going for the chip when six yards out:facepalm. Plus no chance to captain him when he's in Ronaldo's team.

Isn't Cabaye also an injury doubt, and Fabregas won't be starting? Plus still not sure if Abate will start?

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
DF: Gebre Selassie, Lescott, Debuchy, Hummels, Jordi Alba
MF: Pilar, Jiracek, Cabaye, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso
FW: Ronaldo, Welbeck, Mario Gomez

Surely Welbeck's starting against Italy right?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
During the match of Czech Republic vs Portugal I checked how many points I had and it were 22. Now the match has finished it's 16 and I am changing my captain, so it's 13 points. Also I am down in the Planetcricket rankings, so I am guessing a lot of people have Ronaldo.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Okay I'll relish that third place while it lasts. :p Also love it how the top 4 teams in our league all start with 'A'.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
26th to 19th, not a bad day. 9 players still to play, 9 good players. Gonna try break into the top 10.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Bild reporting Klose will start ahead of Gomez for tactical reasons. Has that tweaked pretty much everyone? :P

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Bild reporting Klose will start ahead of Gomez for tactical reasons. Has that kerplucked pretty much everyone? :P

I hear Bild isn't the best source in Germany though?

Regardless, he will come off the bench so still a chance to leave a mark.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Thank goodness, I was in a dilemma on whether to make him my captain, in spite of CR7's performance yesterday.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Surprising to see Callum going for not-so-attacking-yet-dangerous midfielders. And this could be a two-way battle for the first place (like FIFA WC 2010 where Callum Gray won the contest) seeing that the person at the third position is nearly 25 points behind.

Difference between mine and his (CG's players on left and mine on right):

Nani (1) -Ronaldo (6)
Schweinsteiger - Ozil
Busquets - Iniesta
Motta - Darida (3)
Periera (7) - Limbersky (3)
Hummels - Boateng
Casillas - Rui Patricio (6)
Cech (3) - Tzorvas

On the whole, he has a descent defensive team and he will be the winner at the end of the day if all the games go low-scoring and his players collect points for clean-sheets and recovered balls.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I rather see Klose instead of Podolski then Klose instead of Gomez. It would make no sense at all to replace Gomez at this moment.

Surprising to see Callum going for not-so-attacking-yet-dangerous midfielders. And this could be a two-way battle for the first place (like FIFA WC 2010 where Callum Gray won the contest) seeing that the person at the third position is nearly 25 points behind.

Difference between mine and his (CG's players on left and mine on right):

Nani (1) -Ronaldo (6)
Schweinsteiger - Ozil
Busquets - Iniesta
Motta - Darida (3)
Periera (7) - Limbersky (3)
Hummels - Boateng
Casillas - Rui Patricio (6)
Cech (3) - Tzorvas

On the whole, he has a descent defensive team and he will be the winner at the end of the day if all the games go low-scoring and his players collect points for clean-sheets and recovered balls.

I actually didn't realise you were on the first position at the moment. :wave

This is the team of the current 1 overall: McDonald's Fantasy Football He got 31 points only from the first match, so I am guessing he made Ronaldo captain in the first match.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
What a joke. I sacrificed a lot of players to include Gomez in my team and to make him my captain. Now I see he isn't playing. Even worse: the whole front German attack is changed. :lol Personally I would have played Klose and Gomez.

Luckily I had enough time to change my captain. I don't need a goal from Greece now.

----------

Gekas doesn't start also. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread