Europa League Thread

I still dont think i understand how this Europa League works. Anyone feel like explaining it to me ha?

It works just like the Champions League. Qualifiers, Group Stages, and then knock outs. Teams that finish third in the group stages of the Champions League also enter the 1st knockout round of the Europa League. Thats how the likes of Atletico, Liverpool, Wolfsburg, Juventus etc. found themselves here.

Platini must be annoyed - no English teams in the CL, but there's every chance of an all English final in the Europa League! :D

It works just like the Champions League. Qualifiers, Group Stages, and then knock outs. Teams that finish third in the group stages of the Champions League also enter the 1st knockout round of the Europa League. Thats how the likes of Atletico, Liverpool, Wolfsburg, Juventus etc. found themselves here.

Word. So i presume that other teams that make up the group stage are teams that finish like 4th & 5th in the various domestic leagues in Europe?

For some leagues such as Belgium I think 2nd and 3rd get Europa League places. But in the EPL its 5-7 if I'm not mistaken.

For some leagues such as Belgium I think 2nd and 3rd get Europa League places. But in the EPL its 5-7 if I'm not mistaken.

Champions League: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champions League qualifying: 4th
Europa League: 5th, 6th

Plus FA Cup winners?

Ya missed that completely. So it is going like,

Champions League: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champions League qualifying: 4th
Europa League: 5th, 6th and FA Cup winners are guaranteed a European spot and if they have already qualified for Europe,the runners-up then qualifies.

Portsmouth won't be playing in the Europa League next season if they win the FA Cup. It's through their own choice though; they have chosen not to fill in the necessary paperwork and shizzle for their entry into Europe should the opportunity arise. Understandable really, considering that they're completely naffed.

So who's going to get it? Chelsea have Champions League football, then both Tottenham and Villa are likely to have at least Europa League football via league position. Will it just be given to the 7th placed team? Which could be in fact Liverpool, who may win the Europa League and have Champions League football next season. It's all very complicated.

Winners of the Europa League get Champions League entry?

Nope.

vaibhav mehta added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Liverpool, who may win the Europa League and have Champions League football next season.

The only way Liverpool could qualify for Champions league must be through that 5th or 6th spot. I am not sure though.

If chelsea win the FA Cup then we can qualify through 7th.

Wait, even if Pompey win they aren't playing in Europe. So yeah, 5th 6th and 7th will qualify for Europa this season.

Users who are viewing this thread